Multi Theme support

cajkan

Hello all,

I was thinking maybe would be good if we provide our users more themes.
So maybe if user select theme, to have some cache or IP store for the user, when he visit our site again he would have the selected theme.

Same goes with language selection, if we can provide users multi language support.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have coded both of these in the past and could release them as plugins, not suitable as core feature. To be honest the them switcher was never used by my members, and the multi language was not ver good because the user data was always in just 1 language.

panzerdude

I may be interested in a theme switcher. I really just want to offer a mobile friendly version.

Is it possible to have it detect automatically if a visitor is on a phone so it will display the mobile theme?

Or is it better to have just one theme that works well for both desktop and mobile users?

Thanks

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Or is it better to have just one theme that works well for both desktop and mobile users?
While detecting is perfectly possible, in these days responsive themes are the standart ( so automatical switching display mode, making page good looking for both desktop and mobile )

If you heard oof bootstrap, thats properly the most favored framework to code responsive designs, but it can also be coded manually ( though lot more work )