More than one category?

Anna

I am dealing with members that really are hard to categorize. Hence I have started toying around with the idea of possibility to choose more than one category. Aka instead of having to choose between A or B he can now choose both! Is it doable? Easy to do? Need to make plugin?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
everything is do-able :) this might be a bit tricky though, we actually have plans to work towards something like this in the near future as the category system we want to work more like "tags". Perhaps we will work on this sooner rather than later, and make it a core feature since it has been requested in the past, but nobody seemed overly interested in it.

Bart

i would also be interested in this idea, especially if the persons site would appear like this:

URL/cat1/sitename
URL/cat2/sitename
URL/cat3/sitename

but with small changes (category names ect...) on each one so that google does not penalize it for duplicate content

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
well that would basically be creating multiple URL's for the same content (canonicalization) which is bad SEO practice. Changing just category name and description is not enough to make a structure like that sensible.