modify vote message plugin message

I'm using the vote message plugin and I would like to set it up so that the "Return to Website" portion of the message only shows up if the vote actually came in from another site. If the vote was placed directly from our site I would like that part not to show up. How would I go about making that happen?

Thanks you.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
If you have gateway up, i dont see a method out of the head. Since the referrer is your site once we reach the message.

Maybe add another parameter to the vote url on details page with which we could identify the vote orign.
But this goes into custom developement and would require $10. If you want youcan drop me a PM

So basically I would create a vote_message2.html file without the "Return to Website" part and then add something like this to the php file

if ($check_ip_sql == $valid_ip && $valid_unq == 1 && $valid_message == 0 && class == home) {

$TMPL['vote_message'] = base::do_plugin_skin('./plugins/VoteMessage','vote_message2');

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
It is a bit different. The link itself on stats gets a link parameter for the url, not a html class.
Then you also need a new file for gateway which first checks if that parameter is present.
If it is, set up a session variable
Then where the html file gets called ( not in the if, we need to surround the calling of the html with an extra if ) we check if this created session var gets called

something like that, pure thought, dont know if actually works

ok, it's not a big deal. I'm not using the gateway currently so that makes it a bit easier. I'll keep thinking on it. Thank you.