Mod Request

membrain

Incentive Tracking option which will allow you to track who is voting and who is not voting when they visit the TOPLIST from your site. We have seen on stats from games that use this option that 55% of their players aren't actually voting!

There are 2 steps to make this Incentive Voting working.

Step 1: Change your voting link by adding the variable userback.
This should be the username (or other identifying information) you will need to credit your players for voting.
An example Voting URL:
http://TOPLIST.com/index.php?a=in&u=game&userback=player
where player is your players ID (or other identifying information) and game the username on the toplist.

Step 2: You enter a Url in the Incentive url field.
When a player completes the voting, We will make a request to this Incentive URL and replace [user] with the userback value. You can then credit your player
An example Incentive URL: http://yourgame.com/checkvote.php?user=[user], where value is the [user] passed to us in the voting URL which the player voted with.

A "Ignore 24 hour voting limit" checkbox means that we will do a request by every vote even when the vote doesn't count because of the Once per 24 hours voting.

*Info got from another site that has this feature. Hope you undestand what it is about.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Incentive Tracking option which will allow you to track who is voting and who is not voting when they visit the TOPLIST from your site. We have seen on stats from games that use this option that 55% of their players aren't actually voting!
As soon as the visitor clicks through to your visiolist the vote is counted, therefore its impossible to have only 55% vote ratio, a vote is only a unique click "in" from a member site, the user doesn't need to anything further.

This mod is not something we will be able to create for free as its quite specific and doesn't have "mass appeal". Because custom code is also required on the game site receiving the callback after the vote, and this is impossible to standardize since all games are made differently. If you like, we can provide a quote for custom development.

membrain

Sorry for the late response here.

What I was referring to is: from the perspective of the site owner that registers on the toplist ... I put the voting link on my site and I want to reward my members/visitors whenever they vote for my site on the toplist. In order to do this I put the link of the toplist on my site and I can "see" when they click that link ... BUT ... I will never know if their vote got counted OR if they really clicked the "vote for Site" link. That's what this is about - so you can reward people who actually vote.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I understand what your saying, but I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding about what a "vote" is. I'll try explaining better.

a) Consider this: How can someone click from your members site into your topsite and NOT vote? its impossible with VisioList, once they click in (from any link on your members site) THAT is the vote, there is absoltuley nothing else they need to do for the vote to count.

b) To track which user (registered on your members site) clicks in (votes) is easy as you outlined by changing form clean backlinks into a query string including their username... but that has only 50% to do with Visiolist sending a callback and 50% to do with your members site having a way to handle that callback. That is why we cannot make this mod free, half of the mod is specific to your members code and 95% of our userbase has no use for such a mod. This is an example of custom development request unique to your project, as such you would need to hire a developer to make this a reality, its quite far outside the scope of a mod request for us to consider. A mod request is something with mass appeal, this is just too specific.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
no need to apologize :) and it has sparked some great discussion between Basti and I. These sorts of scripts are usually for 1 specific script or game (minecraft etc), its simply impossible to make a general one as every game is coded different. how do you retrieve a username from a game built in java? or flash? or c++ etc.. each game requires its own solution, which makes it tough.

That said, we are talking about some new ideas we want to add to VisioList along these lines of incentvized traffic widget , so the energy was not a waste and feedback was helpful :)