MaxLeech

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
Very good m8, I need to work on my website to increase it in alexa.com rank. I made mistake when I created domain. I worked on subdomain (l2.votezone.eu) instead on main one (votezone.eu). Any tips on how to increase the rank?

Bart

Very good m8, I need to work on my website to increase it in alexa.com rank. I made mistake when I created domain. I worked on subdomain (l2.votezone.eu) instead on main one (votezone.eu). Any tips on how to increase the rank?
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've kinda forgotten about this thread lol, alexa rank is based on the amount of people who visit your site who also have the alexa toolbar installed, so the more people who visit your site have the alexa toolbar the lower your alexa rank will be :)

Also a little announcement, Maxleech has just broken the 200k alexa rank, we are ranked (at time of posting) 195,987 on Alexa :)

Morus

Well done m8 :)
I managed to increase my rank to 600k now :) I created toolbar and placed it on my website so members can download it. But no one did so far lol :)

Bart

One way to increase your alexa rank is to sign up with these autosurf communities which specialize in alexa ranking and people with the toolbar will autosurf your site. Or... If you have a few computers in the house install alexa on them all and auto refresh your site every 20 seconds on all of them and that should increase your rankings over time :p

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys really care about alexa? Its a generell inndicator to traffic yes, but is there something worth mentioning you gain? ( unless you come into the top100 ) i think mine is 2mio something :=)
Never really cared for it, but glad to hear some lessons

Morus

It is about traffic, what is making your website more valueable. More traffic, more people, more income :) And to be honest, Amazon.com (that owns alexa.com) is growing up in other sector of the business. Just see the promotion of the tablet: Kindle Fire HD. :)
There are 2 indicators at the moment of any website: Google Page Rank and Alexa.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Still alexa is no real traffic indicator, it can be faked way to easily ( think also bots can fake these, might remember wrong though ). Makes the site good looking with some ownage nonetheless :)

EDIT:: Congrats on the great success with your list btw, Bart

Bart

Thanks Basti, even though Alexa doesn't give accurate traffic statistics it is a good bragging tool in the webmaster community and it does increase the value of the site slightly when selling :p