MaxLeech

Bart

Hi Guys,

I've been working slowly on my VisioList Site and i would like a little bit of feedback :)

Site address:
http://maxleech.com/

What I've done so far:
1. Modified the theme (Changed the Default Blue to Red)
2. Created a Logo
3. Added a few mods
4. Changed some CSS to make ranking page look nice

What i need to do:
1. Create some buttons and stat buttons
2. Promote the site

Small description of my site:
I want to create a Toplist/community site for rapidleech and premium link generators, this is a bit of a grey area as it is slightly related to warez but i do not host or link to any copyrighted material. My second goal is when the site gets popular i will also have a community forum attached to the site where users can discuss rapidleech/premium link generators and where it is best to host them or where it is good to buy an account from.

Any ideas/suggestions for improvement??

Regards,
Bart :)

Anna

Looks nice! The only thing I do react to is that the screenshots look a bit empy. But thats npt really anything you can do anything about. But it makes it look more like a skeleton than a body of list... Plus the subtitle is a bit hard to read. Its fuzzy somehow. Maybe try another font?

I am a total noob when it comes to modifying skin etc. So I have to ask - where exactly did you go to modify the color of the theme?

Bart

I used Opera to find what i need to change, when your on your site right click and click "Inspect Element" and then you can hover over anything on your site, i used this to find out the previous colour codes and then i search for the colour codes and messed around with them changing it in the CSS files, unfortunately i could not give you a definite answer as i am no expert and because i can;t remember what i did as i was doing as i was going along, but i will attach the current theme i am using, hopefully it will be of use to you :)

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I will write up a quick tutorial how to use the user.css file to override colors, really its just a matter of adding background: red; or whatever color code you want. The classes are name logically in most cases. Altering screen.css will result in the need to reapply the changes after each upgrade so user.css (as outlined in the manual) is the best way to modify the color scheme.

Update: Quick start guide to changing colros in parabola is available here:
http://visiolist.com/community/posts/2609/

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
looks good, but to me all VB4 sites look the same only with different colors and icons. I miss VB3 where style possibilities were easy and endless.

Bart

looks good, but to me all VB4 sites look the same only with different colors and icons. I miss VB3 where style possibilities were easy and endless.
I agree with you VB3 is brilliant when it comes to style possibilities but the problem is that there is not a lot of people developing for it any more, it's becoming old and obsolete, I used to enjoy using IPB 2.3.6 but turned to vBulletin since they upgraded to IPB3.
I see you guys using XenForo, is that really any better than vBulletin as I don't actually know anyone else who uses it?

also top right - the help link is red text on red background
Thanks for that, going to fix it now :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I like xenforo much more than VB4, many of the good developers from Vb3 are now active on xenforo (You might be aware of the crazy history with Kier and Mike with this project). I used to do a lot of styles and mods for Vb3 but have no time for either Vb4 or Xenforo customizations these days. I upgraded one of my sites to vb4 long ago, but after a week it was back to Vb3. To me, the quality of content makes a forum sticky far more than the platform it runs on. Using xenforo here has been nice, I like its clean and almost "fun" feel. Also as much better SEO out of the box, and cleaner code than VB. We have zero mods and zero theme customizations (a true first for me hehe) and it serves its purpose well here.

Bart

Yeah I heard about the whole lawsuit ect...
It's vBulletin idea of hindering them.

Xenforo seems decent but it's style/layout is unique and I just probably haven't got to grips with it although I do like this forum :)
I'm used to the stats and those thing being in the footer and not on the right hand side, I see it as a space taker when it comes to forum width.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Iguess style is always subjective, I have always liked sidebars on my forums.. I woudl actually welcome those stats being visible on more than just forumhome.

But then again I have no shortage of screen real estate. Check full image below for a giggle

Attachments

Bart

Just wanted to update this thread :)

I wanted some opinions on how well you guys think my site is doing, here are some stats:

Google Analytics:
http://pokit.org/get/img/b3f2e832d06d188a52816b82570c4b1d.png

Google Webmaster area:
http://pokit.org/get/img/b53bf5cf70c77021e5cf13e8b7a5a868.png

Site Stats:
http://maxleech.com/stats/

I will soon make it mandatory for every single site on the list to have a vote button on their site.

Some keywords/phrases i rank for in Google:
premium link generator - 8th on 1st page
rapidleech - 5th on 2nd page

rapidgator premium link generator - 3rd on 1st page
ryushare premium link generator - 2nd on 1st page
rapidshare premium link generator - 6th on 1st page
uploaded.to premium link generator - 5th & 6th on 1st page
filefactory premium link generator - 5th & 6th on 1st page
bitshare premium link generator - 4th on 1st page
depositfiles premium link generator - 1st on 1st page

rapidgator rapidleech - 7th on 1st page
ryushare rapidleech - 9th on 1st page
rapidshare rapidleech - 9th & 10th on 1st page
uploaded.to rapidleech - 2nd on 2nd page
filefactory rapidleech - 7th on 1st page
bitshare rapidleech - 6th & 7th on 1st page
depositfiles rapidleech - 9th on 1st page

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
damn thats a nice in/out ratio you got goin on, just goes to show the power of legit incoming traffic from search engines. When webmasters see how much "out" traffic is available its great motivation from them to join your list.

Nice job!

Bart

That's been my aim right from the beginning, hopefully now they will start fighting for my traffic :p

SEO is quite easy but takes a long time, has taken me about 5 months to get to where i am now and at times i just gave up on the site for weeks at a time but once i started working properly on it it has turned out into a mini success! My site has been valued at $800 if it can keep it's current rate without increase, if there is a bigger increase in traffic it could be valued at a lot more :)