Link code error

kinu99

In user cpanel when i hit link code button i got this error :
" Warning: session start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent ( output sent at ... sources/user_cp/link_code.php(160) : eval()'d code:8 in .../sources/misc/skin.php(368): eval()'d code on line 96 "
What can i do to resolve it ?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Disable all of your plugins, then re-enable them one at a time until the error returns to isolate which plugin is producing the error.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you have the latest version of that plugin, as well as the latest version of visiolist.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes like Mark says, this error returned is caused most likely by not up to date plugin. The latest facebook plugin update also started a session, and any old vote message plugin will return that error as those old version not checked if a session started or not.

kapearl

I just upgraded to 1.5 and found that the vote message plugin (newest version, v 1.4) was causing the above error message like kinu99 :(. Does this mean that the vote message plugin needs to be updated for VL 1.5?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I just upgraded to 1.5 and found that the vote message plugin (newest version, v 1.4) was causing the above error message like kinu99 :(. Does this mean that the vote message plugin needs to be updated for VL 1.5?
I am investigating now and will let you know what I find in a few minutes.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. that plugin is working 100% with VL 1.5 and I see no mysql style queries anywhere in that plugin. Try disabling your VoteMessage plugin and install fresh, then see if the error persists. I'm thinking perhaps your VoteMessage plugin has been customized and that customization is not compatible.

kapearl

I was just going to follow up with that. I had my suspicions it was my over-tinerking! I added a join field link w/in the vote message which may have done it. I just traced an error messages to a plugin Basti had helped me customize- the affiliate tracker. Are you available for help getting those working again? I'll email you the details I have from Basti and you could give me a quote.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
sure, just shoot me over FTP login and the info, its probably just a quick fix (no charge). If it looks deeper I will get back to you with a quote