Last site

autosurf

Hello,

I would like to implement the ability to display the last join my top sites list.
the presentation will be identical to the main page (classic and premium), maybe change the rank with a sequential number from first to last?
This will allow a better ranking of our website and members ...

Thank you for your feedback on the feasibility of this plugin

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
you could make use of the built in ssi feature.

first off design your layout for this. use ssi_new.html and ssi_new_row.html of parabola

examples
1) ssi_new.html for example, remove all except the template tag {$sites}, which hold the member data.
2) ssi_new_row.html is the inner design for your member. You could for example make it contain the same content as table_top_row.html
3) then in table_wrapper.html above {$content} or whereever you want, you place
Code:
{include "http://yoursite.com/ssi.php?a=new&num=1"}
This however make no difference btw normal or premium member, and also dont has the hooks as the ranking has. So its a bit more limited.
But generally i would say you dont require a plugin for this. If this works out for you, we could improove the core ssi feature from there on

EDIT:: Or do you actually mean a complete new page with new members? Think i made such one for cajkan already

autosurf

I do not know if I will in version 1.0 ?
I made a lot of changes in different files and migration will be perhaps not easy ?
I hope the plugin will work with the V 0.9 ?

So i you have the actual plugin : "Cajkan uses a plugin yea, i made that for him" ?
I'm willing to take it with pleasure, I will changes

thank you in advance

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you modified the core, that is your own fault. Not going over to vl 1.0 would be a big mistake.
And i will not post 2 plugins. Most likely it will still work with 0.9, but i dont guarantee it

You should start removing your core change and do plugins instead, we have always said that.

autosurf

Unfortunately, not everything can be done with the plugin, it's a shame ...
I marked my changes, migration is always possible ^ ^

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, not everything can be done with the plugin, it's a shame ...
I marked my changes, migration is always possible ^ ^
if you find something that cannot be done.. please say so. We can add hooks to the core where needed.

There is no need to alter core files at all.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Still not sorry, i see if i can put it up together with newest member plugin ( makes more sense ), but really cant say when. Currently working on core features

autosurf

ok, thank you I'll look on my side, how can I offer this page on my site until the official plugin ...

OR

Cajkan uses a plugin yea, i made that for him.
If I could get this part, it would be very good already :)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go, once newest members plugin is updated, pls drop this, as that will be more "future" compatible

if you use clean urls, in htaccess find
Code:
################ Beautify dynamic url sets
add after
Code:
RewriteRule ^lastsites/ index.php?a=lastsites [L]
url will be site.com/lastsites/

else site.com/?a=lastsites

Attachments

leonor

License Active
i hope this here is still the right thread for plugin updates? i dident find this plugin in
Resources - Skins & Plugins Manager.

for people who want to use meta keywords & and description, you have to add in lastsites.php after

Code:
$TMPL['header'] = $LNG['p_last_sites_header'];
Code:
  $TMPL['meta_description'] = "your description";
  $TMPL['meta_keywords'] = "your keywords";
thats all, maybe some one else have an better idea?

Other question, my lastsites plugin dont show user description. How i can fix this?

greetz leonor

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This plugin wont be included as i recently made a "sort by newest" ranking method plugin. Which gets some better handling for vl 1.4
So, this plugin then becomes obsolete

As for the description, that is due vl 1.3 removing an old setting which this plugin still make use of, the description length. Since its gone, it gets trimmed down to 0.
Code:
        // Limit Member Description
        $description = $TMPL['description'];
        $limit = $CONF['description_length'];
        if (mb_strlen($description) > $limit) {
            $description = mb_substr($description, 0, mb_strrpos(mb_substr($description, 0, $limit), ' ')) . '...';
        }
        $TMPL['description'] = $description;
Can be removed