is xtop100.net made in visiolist?

Hi

I was just wondering if that topsite xtop100.net made in visiolist? if you look at source code it sounds so. The theme is almost the exact copy of xtremetop100.com and is very appealing :) . Any way to copy it easily from the site itself? :p

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I think its old aardvark script ( parent of visiolist ), but could might as well be hacked/much edited visiolist. Not easy to tell

The fact that you login to buy premium, speaks for aardvark/visiolist
All the form inputs where you enter username have a name of "u" like it is with aardvark/visiolist

The fact that the category urls use + instead of - speask for aardvark script
Out of the box visiolist use slightly different friendly urls, so this speaks also for aardvark. Or he edited the core coding ( not suggested )

aha..You really had quite critical analysis of that site. yes I would agree with you it seems some hacked modified version of Visiolist. I am just impressed by its skin. Is it possible to make a skin quite smiliar to xtremetop100.com in visio list . without changing core coding?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yup ofcourse. In fact such a skin is quite easy. Normally you dont have to touch visiolist core at all. We use the same template system as you are used to from aardvark.

cajkan

LoL What makes xtop100 website so special ?

its just ugly css / wrong codes etc...

and xtop100 uses custom cms wich is made 6 years ago
and as Basti said can be hacked very easy/ code is old no protection etc...

I would recommand you Visiolist

Fast Support
Custom Plugins
SEO optimized

saves lots of $$$
You can make your website unique etc...

aha cajkan actually this sort of theme or skin is very much popular as xtremetop100 is the biggest topsite on internet so people are very much used to it and feel much comfortable in viewing such topsites so dats why it luked very appealing and i have found almost all the sites based on that xtremetop100 theme like xtop100 etc have gud success rate in terms of members, visitors etc

Bart

members and visitors all depends on SEO and marketing, the theme must be good to retain the users but their themes looks old and bland.

Bart

ok bt isnt it like we always prefer the same almost old format of google.com page coz of its simplicity?
If i saw a similar website like google i would laugh my ass off, same with youtube, if i saw another site using their skin/template i would laugh and probably never return. Times are mainly popular for their content rather than their Skin.

Good Example:
http://www.dmoz.org/
^^ Crappies skin in the world but in top 1000 sites.

cajkan

Well as Bart said,

Good SEO optimized website, lots of backlinks and your gonna get lots of visitors and users

and yes if we see same skin as xtremetop100 no one would like to join,

my suggestion is to get Visiolist - Order Clasic design - and be Unique

Its not more then 100$

but hey 100$ isnt that much for whole life - wouldnt make you poorer or richer