Inactive/Active Issues

Bart

Heya,

I have some issues,

First of all when i make a site inactive a user can still go to the URL of the site if they have it saved, i suggest redirecting to the site home page as a site can me made inactive for a number of reasons.

Next i have a big issue, when i was at work today i made a site inactive:
http://maxleech.com/stats/foxleech/

Now a few hours later when i get home i look at my site and the site is active somehow bearing in mind i have the following setting on:

http://pokit.org/get/img/a0f485ec3477f9e0a08911af01361a12.png

Now the only way they would be able to activate their site is if they hacked my site or somehow got my password which is very secure and not easily guessed.

Could one of you guys take a look or maybe I've missed something?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
First, lets rename this thread to something a bit more descriptive "major issues" is not concise :)

inactive simply removes them from the rankings, I suppose we could look at 302 redirect to the home page in a future release. Of course you are free to create your own plugin for this.

the other option for that site being reactivated is "finger trouble", meaning its possible that you didn't actually make it inactive. Unfortunately there is nothing for us to look into here, I would think if they hacked you more damage would have been done than simply reactivating their own site. You might check your servers access logs, but i suspect you will come up empty.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This might be realted to new_day.php
need to look closer but it might be that it reactivate itself if it sent a hit back in ( this is the feature "remove inactive sites from ranking" )
If this is the case, we need another check in there to see if you manaually made it inactive or if its due inactivity.

Bart

I manually made it inactive, i actually made 2 sites inactive manually through this and one has reactivated itself and i just checked on another one and it has been deleted, i had 27 members and now 26 members, i remember very clearly making both inactive as it even said i have 2 sites pending on the admin index page now somehow 1 has been deleted and 1 reactivated and it is no where to be found in the logs, i can send logs which will show i accessed the manage pages and then it also shows me double checking pages in the admin panel to make sure, now i don't know what to think.

I've sent both of you the logs, the time right now on my server is 17:03, last action of me doing anything in admin before it reactivated itself is in: [30/Oct/2012:12:57:07 -0700]

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
No way that 1 site was deleted, unless you did.

Do me a favour and log into phpmyadmin -> vl_sites table -> search for the user you think is deleted.
What does his "active" column say?

Bart

Ok your right, he's not deleted i still see him in the phpmyadmin, his active column is "2" but i can't see him anywhere in the admin panel at all.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, it appear some of our changes in the 0.8 release were somehow reverted back, although iam sure we have changed that. Dunno what happened
I tried to fix the inactivity issue along this fix, let me know how it goes. Things are untested

Basicly before we had 3 typed of active status.
0 -> waiting to be approved
1 -> active
2 -> inactive

Now this status 2 gave the issues. If you manually make on inactive, he gets that status. But he also gets that status due inactivity in new_day.php . In in.php we determine if hes inactive = 2
once hit is recorded, he gets active 1 again. Now also your manually edited sites gets active again.

Ive fixed this by giving
- a new status = 3 only if previous status is 1 ( active ) in new_day.php. So no way a status = 2 site can get the 3.
- and in.php now checks for status 3, so manually edited sites should stay as they are.

For 0.9 ill update manage inactive members to include the active status messages, so one can see if inactivity is due no hits in or made by admin

Upload zip contents into toplist root

Attachments

Bart

Thanks a lot Basti, i started panicking thinking i got hacked xD Thanks again man your a life saver!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
great job both of you finding and fixing this one up, looks like we'll see a 0.9 release sooner than later as we have a couple critical bug fixes ready to roll already.