Getting this error on page load...

dotpeddler

When I go to my site I get this at the top...

Strict Standards: Non-static method base::do_plugin_skin() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home...

What is this? The site appears find below about 30 lines of this duplicated error message...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Doesnt tell us much beside its caused by a plugin.

Is it from a plugin you found in the forums here? if so which one? Find out by disabling plugins one by one
Or is it from a custom one you or a coder not connected to Vl made?
Which visiolist version are you running on?
Which php version does your hosting run on?

The full error message might also help, especially the part after the path

Once we have this we can troubleshoot way better :)

dotpeddler

This is the full error:

Strict Standards: Non-static method base::do_skin() should not be called statically in /home/christma/public_html/index.php on line 345
Strict Standards: Non-static method base::do_skin() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/christma/public_html/sources/misc/skin.php on line 319

The plugins I got here. Using Version 0.9.

Plugins installed are: Discus 1.1, Twitter 1.1, Ads, Overall Stats, Clean URLs 1.0, Screenshots 1.0, and Newest Members 1.1. Disabled all, same error, but not as many of them listed.

No changes to the server. Using the default skin with minimal changes.

You can see the site at http://christmasfans.com

Presently I have all plugins disabled.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey,
this is a issue due to your php, the way stuff is coded throws a warning message on your php. We will fix this for the next version.
In the meanteam, if you wish send me ftp data and ill update the core and plugins on your site which make use of this different coding

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Or in index.php
Code:
//error_reporting(E_ALL);
if you change that to
Code:
error_reporting(0);
it should suppress the errors ( those errors are not fatal, means more like, hey this php version dont like the coding ) until we fix it for the newest php versions

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
just an update, this fix for PHP 5.4 is now complete and it will be included in VL 1.0.

Until that version is ready, the latest stable version of PHP is still 5.3, this is recommended unless you have specific needs for functions included with 5.4