Bug Fix Finally upgraded to 1.2 - Problem editing members

armaclans

When I edit members I get this error around the banner URLS:

Enter a valid banner. Leave it blank if you do not have one.

Yet they have a perfect url

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Not much to tell, there is something wrong with the banner. To big dimensions maybe?
What is the banner in question?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I recall seeing similar issue many years ago with Aardvark, not sure what the issue was, think it was something to do with GD lib misinterpreting the image data somehow.

Please test another user account on your server and see if this behavior is consitent on your server with all banners/members, I have tested on 3 servers all running VL 1.2 and all are working fine. Would like to figure out what is causing this for you.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Now that you say it. Most likely
Code:
$size = @getimagesize($FORM['banner_url'])
in classes.php is at fault. You are trying to check width and height via http url, hence "allow_url_fopen" is required. At least was the issue back in the aardvark days

On upload we have the same function, but its from POST data, so it works there

Few things you can do
1) from the code above in sources/misc/classes.php , try to remove the "@" from the code, so the error is not supressed. Might give hints
2) Make yourself a phpinfo.php and upload to toplist root where index.php is
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
Then check site.com/phpinfo.php and search for "allow_url_fopen". Would bet its turned off.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I think your probably right on :) that is also a commonly disabled function on shared hosts. We might want to wrap this part with a function check to ensure allow_url_fopen is enabled before running getimagesize

armaclans

allow_url_fopen On On

I also removed the @ sign, and still get the error.

I have tried editing 10-15 members, they all give me the same issue.

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm after removing the @ you didn't see any error messages at the top of the screen when trying to edit? If it is the getimagesize() function causing the problem there should be something there.

Also, what are your max button dimensions set to in the admin settings?

armaclans

No error,

and they are set to max 460x60
and premium max 900x200

I checked the images in photoshop they are exact dimensions

stat.PNG

armaclans

Wow, my bad, here i have been looking at premium banners, because they are premium.. those are exact dimensions... and both boxes highlighted

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, no worries. We will look closer at the error handling to make sure if 1 banners is too big that the error only shows on that field, not both.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok issue fixed in 1.3
Apparently both fields used the same error template tag, hence the premium received the error as well.
Also inlcuded the max width and height above the input like it is on normal banner

Last edited: