Not Feasible [Feature] Report user / Feedback

cajkan

Hello there,

I have an idea, how can users help us with our content to stay family safe.

If we add an small button - Report / Feedback. Hopefully someone will be kind and report something bad in our site. Maybe some bad word, violence banners, or even bad links.

This could be also improved, if theres an notification into our admin panel, and we can check whats going on with reported user etc...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Need to be thought carefully about. This will most likely have more of a negative effect. You can bet competitors will report nonstop trying to get the competition removed

Dead link is already handled through "remove from public view after xx days" from admin setting.
Bad words etc, you can almost bet no normal visitor would ever care to tell you that

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have built this in the past and used it on several sites, while I thought at the time it would be useful it really wasnt :) As basti mentioned, bad words are caught by existing bad word filters (if thats something you are concerned about), bad links are handled with inactive members functions, and violent banners (well you own a video game topsite so... violence is encouraged :) )

its something you or someone can make as a plugin, but as a core feature I dont think this has much value.

I say not feasible.