Exit Page

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.0#

This plugin will present the user with an exit page, informing them that they are about to leave your toplist.
A demo can be seen on http://maxleech.com/forward/preemlinks/ by default a different loading image and no ads though ( edit forward.html )

Supportet VisioList Version: 0.8 and higher

Installation:
1) Open wrapper.html , ideally through admin -> manage skins -> edit child. ( Prefered method when working with parabola or any other non custom skin )
Find
Code:
out_url = '{$list_url}/index.php?a=out&u=' + username+'&go=1';
Replace with
Code:
out_url = '{$list_url}/{$url_helper_a}forward{$url_helper_u}' + username + '{$url_tail}';
2) Optional - if you use clean urls
Open .htaccess in your topsite root
find
Code:
################ Beautify dynamic url sets
One new blank line below, add
Code:
RewriteRule ^forward/(.*)/ index.php?a=forward&u=$1 [L]
3) Upload zip through admin plugin manager

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Worked without any errors on every list installed so far. Are you testing with a real username? Not just some random thing.
Once followed instructions, simply click on any of your users and this should show up

nwtassales

it still isnt working reinstalled the plugin did what you said to do and when i click on someone's website it says invalid username

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I see your not using clean_urls, can you try changing this part? I dont think it will make a difference but its the only thing I can think of

open wrapper and find:
out_url = '{$list_url}/{$url_helper_a}forward{$url_helper_u}' + username + '{$url_tail}';
Replace with:
out_url = '{$list_url}/{$url_helper_a}forward{$url_helper_u}' + username;

I see your also using cloudflare which is changing all text/javascript tags to text/rocketscript.. looking at your site it seems some javascript is broken.

This may also be the cause, elimate that and see if it works.

Kelly Ling

How would you update the PHP on this to make the URL open in a separate tab? That would help keep people on the original site. I tried a couple of different ways to add target="_blank" but couldn't get it to work. Thanks!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This would not go into the plugin, but into the skins html files. table_row, table_top_row etc. There you add your target="_blank"

sultime

Hello I have to try this plugin but his(her,its) work not, the first code to give I have this error

Error
Invalid Username
The second code I find him(it) not in the wrapper.html.

Thank you in advance.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Please post your url so i can see the problem.

As for the second code not in wrapper, then i suppose you use a custom skin, you should look into parabola files to compare what you miss

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm if you made all 3 steps it has to work. It looks more like you havent made step 3, or you have some odd php settings.
Try this.

- do step 1 ( located near the bottom of file )
- step3: instead uploading through plugin manager, upload zip contents through ftp. Maybe something messed up. Only reason i can think off.

Alternative, message me ftp login info and ill have a look what might be wrong

sultime

I serve me not as the administrator of the admin to send plugins I always send him(it) by the FTP, for the rest I am one can lost.
I can join(contact) you the wrapper.html to look by message deprived in May how to send him(it) to you?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
There isnt really a need for me to look at wrapper. You have the code in step 1 in your wrapper, i already looked through the source. So you just have to do step 1.
And if you still have errors after that change, there isnt anything i can do beside looking at ftp.

sultime

Here is 3 stages of the 1st post at the top we made work always not, thank you anyway I am going to drop this plugin for the moment