Error trying to create a category

Karl

I get the following error when I try and create a new category

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/transpor/public_html/topsite/sources/admin/skins.php" on line 99

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's'' at line 1 in /home/transpor/public_html/topsite/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
What is the name of the cat you want to create?

i suppose something with ' right? That wont work
go to this url
index.php?a=admin&b=skins&c=delete&cat=testing%27s

where testing%27s represent cat name of testing's

You could use testing´s though, but it wont work with clean urls, apache dont support these encoded characters in urls.
In the future or even vl 0.7 -0.8 we try to find a way around it. Properbly a new database field, one for the name and one for the name with invalid charaacters removed to use for urls

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yea check your cat names on your main list. One most likely contain a '
on your automotive site
Code:
Campervans, Motorhomes, RV's
The RV's is causing this error. If you know it doesnt contain any members visit index.php?a=admin&b=skins&c=delete&cat=Campervans%2C-Motorhomes%2C-RV%27s
Then recreate the category without the '

If you are unsure about it, visit phpmyadmin -> topsite database -> VL_categories
Click the show tab on top and edit ( pencil button ) the corresponding item to remove the char.

I have now added this issue on our todolist, not a good idea to create the cat urls based on the category names. Once someone use signs ( only & sign is fixed until now) it gets troublesome.