Bug Fix Emails

Am I supposed to be seeing something here?

http://ss.rpdom.com/tby4

I mean it still successfully sends all of the emails after sitting on that page for a while, and I get the confirmation page with a list of all the emails that it got sent to. But that seems to be at the end.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
that is odd, make sure you are using version 1.2 as the mail system has been greatly improved with that release.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm can you verify SMTP settings are correct and SMTP is working? check your error logs for clues.

hmm can you verify SMTP settings are correct and SMTP is working? check your error logs for clues.
There are no server error logs.

Emails are currently getting sent. I can see them all being sent on the mandrill page.

As I said, nothing happens until the end when it says X emails sent. Then it shows the list of emails it sent an email to.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
no error logs? that would be a first, all servers have an error log.

I have tried to duplicate this issue on 3 different lists but it always works fine for me, email results are shown in real time.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
@top50servers more info please since this is a very different result.

Are you using SMTP or mail() function?
do you have an email address that is not a real address on one of your members?
what does your javascript console report?

top50servers

I sent out an e-mail titled 'A' with only contents of 'a'

It may be when an image is added into the e-mail (of which I only added 1)

@top50servers more info please since this is a very different result.

Are you using SMTP or mail() function?
do you have an email address that is not a real address on one of your members?
what does your javascript console report?
Server does not log any errors. I just tried it.

I mean the emails still get sent, after that pause stops being blank after a while.

I still see the list of emails that received a message from me at the end, etc.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
so the javascript is just not returning live status... can you ensure you updates all the files in the 1.2 bundle? it sounds like you have some old files being referenced in the admin panel.

so the javascript is just not returning live status... can you ensure you updates all the files in the 1.2 bundle? it sounds like you have some old files being referenced in the admin panel.
I've already uploaded it more then 3 times the past few days.

The only folder I'm purposely not updating is parabola, so our edits don't go away at the moment(We had been silly and not done it on children themes)

However, the admin style, and every other folder has successfully been overwritten.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
can you install on your server a fresh test list with no members, so we can do some testing in your environment?

can you install on your server a fresh test list with no members, so we can do some testing in your environment?
Yeah.

Might be a day or two though, before we get that set up, but we are doing a dev site so we can style away from the public eye.

I'll give you access to that as soon as it is up.