Edit Account 'Submit' button does not work.

top50servers

Hi,

I am updating an old skin and one of my users bought to my attention that when a user tries to submit any changes under 'edit account' the changes are not made DESPITE the site claiming they are successful.

I was getting a jquery error but was unable to get a print screen and can not repeat it for some reason, is there a recent edit I need to update? did I break something possibly?

Any help is welcome.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Too many variables here, you will need to provide more detailed information. What version is the skin from, do all fields not get updated? Or only some... What plugins are in play? Etc etc. did you update jquery?

You can also simply compare your old templates to a current skin, that is your best bet, we are sort of in the dark to try and help you in this case.

top50servers

Designed for v0.9

I compared the 2 files, they are (in the skin edit_form) almost exactly identical to each other. jQuery was printing an error with some sort of returnPrevent or a function around those sort of lines, but unable to repeat. The site wrapper loads jQuery 1.9.1.

edit_finish is also the same.

Non of the fields update on the edit account page, all other pages (login, banner upload, premium etc) all work as normal.

If you need an account to test, let me know.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Can you test and confirm this works when using parabola skin on your list?

If so, replace this template from parabola.

cajkan

Hello Top50Servers, i think that you are using total toplist skin, but i would recommend you to hire Mark or Basti, to convert that skin into supported version.

That skin is made for 0.9 and has some core modification, wich is not VL Friendly. Its not only that error that your user noticed, there are other errors too.

top50servers

I would hire them but they both have schedules that they wish to maintain. I am working to fix most of the issues manually. If this is a core file issue, what core file needs to be changed?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Skins should never alter core files... PHP is not allowed in skin templates.

this:
Can you test and confirm this works when using parabola skin on your list?

If so, replace this template from parabola.

top50servers

Once again it looks like I was at fault..

I wanted to remove this thinking it was an account name changer, didn't want them to change there usernames :

Code:
  <div>
    <input type="text" readonly="readonly" name="myusername" value="{$myusername}" />
  </div>
When I re-moved this the code would not update.. fair enough.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yea, that is needed for the update query, though bit of a useless double stuff which could basicly be removed if you ask me.
All it is there for is the update query, which very well could use the url's "u" parameter. But for now you have to keep it

You should be able to make it hidden and keep the functionality, so type="hidden" instead of type="text"