Default Banner Not Displaying For Imported Members

kapearl

I'm not able to figure out what to try next, my default banner is not displaying for members that do not upload a banner. Only for imported members (toplistx imported).

If I create a new member w/out a banner the default banner will show. If I edit an imported member's account, after I save (even w/no changes) then the banner will show. But I have too many accounts to do that manually for each.

For Settings > Member Settings > Default banner for members who do not supply one I have a URL like so http://www.mywebsite.com/images/blank125.gif. The URL is good when viewed in a browser.

I've tested w/both skins and the source is empty- src="" so the member title displays instead (via firefox & chrome). Thanks for any advice

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
When imported from toplistx, did you had a default banner already? Did your previous members had any? Properbly need to include a check in the importer to check for empty banner.
Looks like it currently just imports whatever the toplistx member had before, if it empty, it also empty on VL

1) log into phpmyadmin ( mostly accessed through cpanel )
2) select your VL database and select the VL_sites table from the left side menu
3) at the top you see some tabs, click on the one called "Search". In there type the username, which you know isnt working and hit enter.
4) Looking at the column, at "banner_url" is it empty for that one member?
4.1) if it is, execute the following query, also in phpmyadmin, clicking the "SQL" tab at the top
Code:
UPDATE VL_sites SET `banner_url` = 'YOUR BANNER PATH FROM SETTINGS' WHERE `banner_url` = '';
Update in the above your banner path and the table prefix if you not use VL ( VL_sites )

Last edited:

kapearl

Yes I did have a default banner previously for the members that did not add one. I followed your steps to check on a member where no banner & no default banner is displayed.

Before I execute the query I wanted to specify for the banner path, is that the full path like /home/myusername/public_html/images/banners/blank125.gif or just /images/banners/blank125.gif? Or the banner URL? And that makes the default banner show for imported members that hadn't added a banner? Thanks! Sorry I get trigger shy in phpmyadmin.