Custom Page as front page

xryskom

hello, i bought the Visio list and i want to find out how to make home page work as main page , custom pag..

can someone told me how?

xryskom

Hello, i have bought the visio list and i want to find out how to make home page work as main page , custom page...

can someone help me?

thanks!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Not exactly sure what you want/need.
You want to load a custom page when you visit site.com instead the list of sites?

If so, might be easier to install VL in a subdirectory called toplist or so, and have in your root whatever you want

xryskom

i mean when you create a new page from the panel - how i can make that page as a main
I want to do a Front page ----> custom frontpage

xryskom

there is another way doing a custom page as index instead of top? I want to add 2 different columns with top 10 premium sites and top 10 free sites,
for example--- i want to put 2 small tops in index

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, you cant do it like that without heavy modifing. You are better of installing vl in subfolder like i said and use whatever, plain php file in root of your domain.
Also you cant do such things using a custom page anyway, front or not.

So the easiest thing would be like i said
site.com/vl/
site.com/index.php

In that index.php you copy vl design or use something else.
Code:
<?php
    include('vl/ssi.php?num=10');
?>
That you can use to get top 10 members outside of vl directory. But you cannot query 10 premium and 10 normal. just the top10 overall

To style the output is skins/parabola/ssi_top.html and ssi_top_row.html

-------------------------

If you demand on custom code, it could be doable with VL alone, but requires a plugin made, which i never done for such purposes, so it requires some testing. And unfortunately i cannot do that for free at this time