( cloudflare )user login does not exists leads to a not found page

CrazyCoder

as title says :

when i try to login, using some non registered member, it leads me to a not found page, instead of telling me some error message : member does not exists

i guess, its related to cloudflare, gonna try to shut down cloudflare and report ...

EDIT : ok its caused by cloudflare, could u help me on this, please ?

EDIT 02 : in fact !!! its when i try to connect to user_cpl, the member does exists ! but hes account is pending, not already confirmed by admin

Last edited:

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
So you are not seeing the error message of "You site is not yet activated", but a "user not found"?

First of switch to parabola and see if they same happens. And is cloudflare maybe caching 404 pages? ( our error messages are 404 )

CrazyCoder

1) so defined parabola as default skin
2) reactivated cloudflare and same issue

login process errors, lead to a page not found :(:eek:

its only the login, u can register a site, make many mistakes, its ok the errors are loaded ( marked as the red axterix )

so its when a site is pending admin approval
=======

the same result if i try to login with a non registered member, error page is lost, page not found

CrazyCoder

i wonder if i could add a 404.shtml and a 500.html page at root ... comparing to my old aardwark running under cloudflare too, i have those 2 pages
and i can make any mistakes at login as i want, error pages are ok

so maybe aplly the same solution to vl ? :):)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well the error messages we have are 404 pages, so you could style error.html
But that you not get a user not found, or user not activated error is odd.

Please post your user_cp_login.html here

CrazyCoder

i dont think so, here my htaccess :::
i have nothing different at rootn than several own php files i use for my custom functions, not related to anything of the vl core

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok iam confused. You said when you enter a non existent user, you get a different error 404 page.
I just entered random text for user and pass ad get thi
Erreur

Nom d'Utilisateur ou Mot de Passe invalide. Veuillez recommencer, SVP.
Looks perfectly fine to me

CrazyCoder

coz now i desactivated cloudflare :)
ok i reactivate it now.
i let it activated till u can retry and see by yourself the issue please :)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
SmartErrors powered by CloudFlare
cloudflare overwrites 404 page. Since it says smart errors, i am pretty sure there is a cloudflare option to disable it. And you will most likely have easy time to ask your host, since this is not related to VL

CrazyCoder

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i found out !!!!!!!!!!!!!

removed
header("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found");
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hahahaaaaa yessssssssssss am not so bad hey basti ;)

CrazyCoder

removed from the error function , dat was the only difference between the vl error classe and my old arrdwark error classe

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That 404 of the error function is needed. Do not remove it.

Do we said and disable smartErrors app from cloudflare

CrazyCoder

hello basti, yeah i didit => disable smartErrors app from cloudflare but this does not resolve the trouble,
so am still using what i did, removed the error header and all is running fine since dat

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
But that is no solution to remove core php coding, especially since 404 not found header is needed or google might not remove dead link from its index. And even worse, might punish you for duplicate content ( as not found is now simply a page )

If you want, pm me website login, ftp, cloudflare etc and ill play around. Something you did wrong for sure