CGI PHP NOT detected.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey,
the php handler detection in our install is quite old and server configuration evolved so much, so its quite hard to detect every possible combination.
As of right now your php handler returned by the check must start with cgi or fpm.

There are certain handler which are not grabbed by this, but still work the same way as those, such as DSO + mod_ruid2. Also can return things such as LiteSpeed. All this stuff is quite difficult to confirm via this check alone unfortunately, but I not found a way yet to handle this better.
Everything should be good, the majority of hostings have a good handler installed

But to make 100% sure you can edit skins via admin panel or upload plugins through admin panel and prevent file ownership problems, please do the following and let me know the result

1) Create a file called info.php in public_html/ folder ( where you uploaded VisioList )
2) in there paste the following
Code:
<?php

echo php_sapi_name();
3) call this file via browser and let me know what it returns

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm that check I have in the installer. Are you perhaps installing VisioList 1.5?

I have released 1.6 a few days ago.

Please do the following

ONLY if you did not yet installed anything ( according to your screenshot, you did not )

1) remove your visiolist files from ftp
2) Download VL-Fresh-Install-1.6.zip from here http://visiolist.com/community/threads/visiolist-1-6.2193/
- Since you not installed anything yet, ignore any upgrade instructions. The install zip is at the bottom of that post
3) Upload the zip contents to ftp and then run the installer again

If you rather want to stick to 1.5 ( don't see why though ), you can ignore that cgi warning, VL 1.5 not had a check for fpm handler. You need to perform that 1.6 upgrade then though. So doing it fresh is easier
For reference, 1.6 holds many improvements, which you can find on that post right before the zip file

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
From my experience you should be good to go then, litespeed uses "lsphp" by default if I remember correctly which is similar to suphp or php-fmp on apache.

After you install, you can see if stuff works if your languages folder includes english.php