Carousel 2 - Rotating Screenshots

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.1#

Add rotating screenshots (screenshot API required) to your VisioList home page.

By default this plugin will cycle through screenshots of your Premium Members once you have 3 of them

It also includes an adzone to the right of the Carousel.

This version is fairly easy to customize, but a future release will make use of plugin templates which will make the customizing process easier.

Updates
- 19.09.2013 - Made compatible with Visiolist 1.0 and its jquery 1.9

Attachments

Anna

Will I be able to use it for OTHER things than premium members to start with to later be able to switch back to PM with ease? Or simply just activate or deactivate it? Looking good though!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
At the moment its only for featuring the premium members, if you can give me an example of "other things" you want to use it for, I can probably put something together quickly for you.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
sorry bout that, some strange permissions set on this one. Should be able to see the download now.

Anna

Just love it! Can't wait to offer some pm's to fill that one up! Btw, is there a specific idea behind the fact that it only is shown on the first page and not on stats or category pages?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
just spotted a possible bug with this plugin on a list.. can someone confirm the latest release uses clean_url's in the screenshot links even when clean_urls are disabled?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Bug found: No Premium members -> circles white boxes

- Since this Plugin is concentraing on circling, this only shows up once you have 3 premium members, which is the point where circling starts
- Future Versions maybe have a different layout if you have 1 or 2 premium. But this is something we need to talk about / hear opinions

Please reupload if you want to have this fixed.

CraigKoz

There are some buggy things going on with the plugins.... when you delete a plugin and then reinstall them , they dont work ......

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
What exactly is not working? see my post above yours. This plugins has been changed and will not make this plugin visible if you dont have 3+ premium members. This is to avoid the white box bug ( which you had before when there are no premium members ).

Making it only show if you have 1+ premium members would work perfectly fine as well, but having non rotating screenshots dont look nice and fail ultimately the purpose of this plugin (screenshot rotating). So we made it that it only shows once you 3 premium, which is where rotating kicks in.

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
Hi,

What part of the jquery.jcarousel2.css code is making the carousel to show vertical instead of horizontal like it is right now? Basicly I want to place it from top to botton.
is it something to do with this?

.jcarousel-skin-tango .jcarousel-direction-rtl {
direction: rtl;
}

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
You will want to edit global_start.php

Code:
jQuery('#mycarousel').jcarousel({
on new blank line directly under the above, put
Code:
vertical: true,
That should do it

BernieW

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to jscript... can you please help. I want to change the add and I'm not sure exactly where that is. Is it this code???

if($count > 2) {
$TMPL['css_styles'] .= '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/jquery.jcarousel2.css" />';
$TMPL['front_page_top'] .= <<<EndHTML
<div class="cb"> </div>
<div class="premium_side">
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-7865989934764729";
/* visio-300 */
google_ad_slot = "7420563639";
google_ad_width = 300;
google_ad_height = 250;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script> */
</div>

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bernie. Exactly, that is the part.
Code:
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-7865989934764729";
/* visio-300 */
google_ad_slot = "7420563639";
google_ad_width = 300;
google_ad_height = 250;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script>

BernieW

Thanks. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm still trying to learn css and js... How would I add some text to the carousel to say someting like "Premium Sites" just under the screen shots and within the border?

Thanks.