Can this be added as a plugin?

polarx1

Hello,

I wanted to know if it was possible to add a Sponsor plugin which is like premium except in this when they purchase it they get better things such as, its own table at the very top that never moves down or up the ranking until 1 month(They can only purchase a month since its only 1 slot) and instead of yellow its blue and only 1 sponsor at a time can be place at the top. So every month you have to be fast to purchase it before someone takes the slot then it will say closed when someone has it. It is almost like premium just better benefits. I dont know if it could be a plugin or core feature but I decided plugin requests. I dont know if its a good idea or not.

Thanks!

top50servers

This has been requested multiple times, every time Mark and Basti have said they are working on the ads plugin to do this. I have passed on waiting and have purchased a plugin that does this for me (with a little help from CSS and some HTML)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
This is really probably best served as a plugin rather than a core feature for sure, I believe it has been called rank 0 or something similar in a past request.

Time is never on our side it seems, what time we do have we spend on support, answering general questions (10-15 per day for me alone which eats all my time), and maintaining the core files etc. If enough people want this feature we might need to put a small bounty on it to help make time for us to get it done. Waiting for us to complete all the user requests with no extra charges could take a while, or may never get done as its very easy for requests to slip through cracks.

I guess we might want to create a free/paid request section to help prioritize development of user requests.

Last edited:

top50servers

In this case, since the Advertisement plugin would in any case bring in cash to the owner of the toplist, this plugin should be paid. Possibly maintain the old ad feature for free so users have a choice?