Bootstrap 3 - Beta

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the initial release of the bootstrap 3 responsive theme framework. On its own its just default bootstrap, but its an excellent base to build your own custom child theme.

This should be considered a "beta" release as testing has been minimal due to time constraints. If you spot any problems please post here.

this theme ships with a few alternate CSS files, you can remove the comments in wrapper to enable the alternates.

Theme can be previewed here for now:
http://animelodge.com/

Attachments

mikez006

when logged in, on the "edit site" and "link code" pages, the site favicon is being displayed on top of the URL text.

So for example if theres 2 sites

http://site1.com
http://site2.com

The facicon image is directly on top of those URLs. I can't find anything in the theme files or CSS that are related to the favicon. any ideas on how to fix this?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
no need for a screenshot, I know the class that is missing and will post shortly when I get a chance to view the code.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Here you are: open skins/bootsrap/screen.css and add this line:
Code:
ul.site-list li {padding:5px 5px 5px 35px;}
thanks for reporting this :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Will do asap, if anyone beats me to this please post the gateway.html template and let me know. No need to change any CSS, just simple HTML classes.

mikez006

Found another bug for Premium Members.

On my site:
Default members can upload a 468x60 banner
Premium members can upload a 728x90 banner

On the homepage and category pages only the normal 468 banner will display or nothing if the site doesn't have a banner. When I upload a 728 banner it does not display.

If I click on Stats for the site, it shows the Premium banner on that page. To confirm the site is Premium, I went to buy Premium membership and it also told me I'm already a Premium Member.

When I upload the Premium banner, I don't get any error. Says "Success". The banner just does not display only on the Stats page.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Can you confirm that works normal using parabola?

I just want to make sure this is a bug with the skin and not the core files, it seems that banner_url should be overwritten when premium is active.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You can probably solve this yourself

Compare the premium_table_row and stats templates and take note of how parabola is including the banner. You should see a difference in the tag, simply paste it into the bootstrap theme and you should be good to go.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
The fix to this is that the premium files, table_top_row_premium.html and table_row_premium.html ( if it use a banner ) should have a different template tag as banner url ( as in parabola )
so replace {$banner_url} with {$premium_banner_url}

mikez006

thanks guys :)

I'm not good enough to figure out the changes needed for the gateway page, so I'll wait till Mark or someone else posts a solution.

mikez006

I haven't been able to fix it correctly, but I did figure out a work-around until someone else posts the updated screen.css file

I copied the screen.css file from the parabola theme, renamed it to gateway.css, then in the gateway.html file for bootstrap3 I changed

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="{$skins_url}/{$skin_name}/screen.css" />
to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="{$skins_url}/{$skin_name}/gateway.css" />
This way the rest of the site doesn't get messed up. After doing this I noticed the Bootstrap theme was missing the Vote button backgroud images.

green-sprite.png
bg-buttons-sprite.png
red-sprite.png

So from the 'img' directory of the Parabola theme, I had to copy those images into a new 'img' directory in the bootstrap theme

That fixed the gateway page for me temporarily until the screen.css file is updated

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
here is the updated gateway.html template making use of bootsrap CSS.

Again, very simple template as this theme is a "jumping off point" to make your own custom, responsive child theme.

Simply extract the zip, and overwrite /skins/bootstrap/gateway.html

Attachments