Blank Page after fresh install

ladogado

Hello!

I just purchased visiolist and did a fresh install.
Strange thing: The AdminCP does work, but the front page does only show a blank page (500).

In error log it says:

PHP Fatal error: Database error in &quot;<b>/var/www/toplist/xxx/www/index.php(298) : eval()'d code</b>&quot; on line <b>94</b><br /><br />
Table 'toplist_xxx.VL_osbanners' doesn't exist in /var/www/toplist/xxx/www/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88
in my phpmyadmin I checked it, the table really doesnt exist, but how can that be? When doing the install it said all went fine..

any idea ?

best regards

ladogado

Thank you!
The Ads plugin is allready in the plugins folder i saw, so i just clicked "install" in backend on the Ads plugin without uploading your files and it works now :)
thx for the fast support!

best regards

EDIT: I think the problem is some plugins are not installed even they do exist in the plugins folder, Plugin like Screenshots is not installed by default too

EDIT: Hm it is a bit strange, i can not see which plugin has been installed allready, beacuse DELETE and INSTALL Icon are clickable regardless of plugin is allready installed or not :/

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Every plugin in the release is installed by default, except Ads, we forgot to include the install queries in the Fresh VL install process.

That with the icons currently works a bit different than you imagine.
Install icon indicate that the plugin alter the database. If you click the icon again you will see the corresponding note that its installed allready. But may need more steps in order to work, like screenshots you need to set the screenshot api key for example in settings.
Plugins without the install icons are ones which work with just files, thus have no icon

Delete is always clickable as well. If you confirm the delete, it removes the files from your ftp and remove database changes ( if any )

So to summarize you can say:
Default package plugins = installed
Plugins uploaded through plugin manager = installed automatical
plugin uploaded via ftp = click install icon if needed after upload
Many Plugins require settings to be set

VL 0.7 will feature enable / disable on top of that, that will make it easier to indicate if the plugin currently is active or not
By default again, everything is enabled. Uploaded via ftp still need install icon click etc

Hope that clears a bit, if not feel free to ask :)