Blank Index and Admin Pages

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andy, a few questions for you:

Are yo installing 0.8?

did the installer run ok?

did you have any warnings before installing?

Andy

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Im not sure how i can tell whether the version of visiolist is 0.8. I think I renamed the zip file to something that was more descriptive for future. BUT I purchased it on the 14th Sept 2012 if that helps? And it was the zip file i was told to download from there.

The installer itself ran fine and there were no issues raised during the installation. All of the recommendations seemed to show a green spot from memory.

Andy

Andy

Thanks Mark.

Seems to be the same problem though im afraid. blank pages on both base index and admin...

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm strange, try enabling debug mode:

open index.php

find:

$CONF['debug'] = 0;

change to:

$CONF['debug'] = 1;

and see if it provides any errors. You can also start a private conversation with me including FTP login info if you like and I can login and get things sorted for you

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
issue resolved :) language was not imported at final step of installation, we will improve the useability of this step next release.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Please look at our conversation. You mis the ats_sites_edited table, which was a aardvark bug when doing a database backup

toppas

i have the same problem, and i dont understand the table thing...
how you can take money for a script was not works..?

how can i fix that with the language install?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
how you can take money for a script was not works..?
Everything has bugs, not one online script without. Its steady progress of fixing and adding new things and new bugs appear

How about you start off what your issue is?
You did ask how he fixed that, did you the read the topic? Did you imported the language at final step of installation?
Do you also have a blank page in both admin and frontend?

As you see lots of things to be cleared, a simple moaning and no description of what you did never helps.

Thank you,
Seb

Andy

It does work ok now. I think the blank page from memory means that error reporting is switched off. I would just say though that I've worked on JMB's premium top list script Autorank, Autorank Pro, Autorank PHP and Toplist X and I still think that Visio List is head and shoulders above those. OK they were written a while ago but even so. I was really pleased to find it because I had a lot of top lists that would have died in the server upgrade for the latest versions of PHP were it not for being able to migrate to Visio. And the guys here at Visio are awesome for support. Mark even wrote a script just for me to migrate all my top lists into the visio list software. Basti rewrote the banner rotator to include my request about having different banners to display at each banner break. Sometimes the script can be confusing Toppas when things are not going right but you won't find better support anywhere than here. At least I don't think so.