Best way to list premium sites first?

ryancbarnes

I saw a post on here where you discussed listing the premiums first, and everyone else later. How do you go about doing that?

Also, at what size membership should you consider doing that at?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I personally am against doing that. Gives the expression that you list is totally money, not visitor orientated ( while it may be, it must not look like it )
say you list 20 members per page, 15-20 premium and first page is full of premium, normal members might really be pis***
I find the carousel plugin more than enough for the premium and it looks good as well.
An additional premium plugin for an exclusive premium sidebar spot is another good option (160x600 banner or so )

Anna

Since the function is in there - how do you stand when it comes to buying extra hitsIn via Premium membership?`In theory that could mean that all premiums are shown first....

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
In theory yes, if you set high numbers yes. For usuability i wouldnt set it higher than 2 daily, 5 weekly or so. Else you really have what you described.
Guess it really depends on how much in you get average by your members. Make your choice based on that

ryancbarnes

Since the function is in there - how do you stand when it comes to buying extra hitsIn via Premium membership?`In theory that could mean that all premiums are shown first....
ORLY? Did I overlook that feature or is this a plugin?

-break-

I agree... keeping the numbers low would mean a lot to those who may struggle for position, but give them enough boost to climb the ladder. Larger sites may not care about premium boosts as they're already at the top.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
this is a feature that is included since version 0.6 I believe, though might still contain a small bug on 0.7 beta 2 which will be fixed for 0.7 stable.

admin -> settings -> premium settings

cajkan

Premium members should have same listing as normal users

Maybe adding more colors into background box and some looking good icon wich shows " Premium " , " VIP " etc...

also you can change the font bigger so you can see better premiums then normal users