AdBlock work around.

top50servers

Hi everyone,

So my toplist has been gaining some growing traffic recently, but with that so has the different type of people that use my list and some on them happen to use this little plugin called AdBlock.

Here is what my toplist looks like with and without it.

With:

Without:

I have seen previous posts on this and it has been said to respect a user upon using this plugin should have there wish respected and so it wont be changed. I am here to ask for a work around.

https://github.com/killswitch/adblockdetect

This jQuery plugin is designed to detect when AdBlock is using a webpage, I think some kind of text instructions simply stating that if they wish to see the banners they need to turn AdBlock off would be beneficial to Visio.

Thank you for your time,

Top50Servers.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well if you wish to you use it, go ahead :) Something like that ( or even a text message, which would only fit good in footer where no one reads anyway ) wont be made. And one thing for sure, i bet adblock regularary release fixes for such kind of scripts, i dont feel like updating this part so often, or hearing complaints all over why it not work.

You also dont need a plugin for that script on github. Just include the js as they say