A couple quick disable questions...

chwolf

No longer a customer.
How do I completely disable Paid Subscriptions, Screenshots, and Profile Scores so people don't see any of the links or any iota of mention of them?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Premium should not work if you dont fill in data in the admin settings. May still show the link in user control panel ( which iam not sure if we integrated that allready ). But payment itself will not work, nor would they see a pay button.

As for screenshots, you can simply delete your screenshot api key from the admin settings and no screenshots should show anymore.

Profile scores? You want to hide the stats? or just parts from it?

Note: As of 0.7 you will be able to disable, enable plugins right from the plugin manager, to avoid editing settings to disable it.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
to remove profile scores:

open user_cp template and remove:
Code:
  <div id="user_cp_score">
    Your profile score is {$user_cp_score} %<br />
    <div id="progressbar"></div>
  </div>
Or to make upgrades easier, add this to user.css:
Code:
#user_cp_score {
display: none;
}

To remove premium buy link:
open user_cp_main_menu template and remove the link:
Code:
<a href="{$list_url}/index.php?a=user_cpl&amp;b=user_premium">{$lng->user_cp_premium_buy_menu}</a>

if you spot any other mention of these features beyond these, post here. Ideally once these plugins are disabled there should be no mention of them, but some of these features used to be in the "core" so there may be traces left over.

chwolf

No longer a customer.
Awesome, thanks guys. I wasn't sure if there was a way other than editing the template. I figured I'd ask so I did the *right* thing instead of just rolling out with my own half-cocked edits. :D lol

As for the profile scores, Mark got it.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure to copy the file before into parabola child folder and then edit from there. This helps in updating skins, as you can savely overwrite the parent skin

panzerdude

Im still have problems removing that "Upload Premium Banner" and keeping the log out info.

Can anyone post the exact code, thanks allot.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
sure, remove this:

Code:
<li><a href="{$list_url}/index.php?a=user_cpl&amp;b=user_premium">{$lng->user_cp_premium_buy_menu}</a></li>
<li> - is the start of a list item

</li> - is the end of a list item

panzerdude

sure, remove this:

Code:
<li><a href="{$list_url}/index.php?a=user_cpl&amp;b=user_premium">{$lng->user_cp_premium_buy_menu}</a></li>
<li> - is the start of a list item

</li> - is the end of a list item

Ya, that was the first code I removed from reading this thread. But for the life of me, what ever I edit in that user_cp_main_menu.html file I cannot get rid of that "Upload Premium Banner" and keep "Update Screenshot" and "Logout"

If I try and remove this, {$user_cp_links} then yes, it removes the "Upload Premium Banner" But it also removes "Update Screenshot" and "Logout" links with it.

Thanks for helping me, much appreciated. Any thoughts guys?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
ahh right, this one is hard coded into the PHP file (premium used to be a plugin)

open sources/user_cpl.php

remove this line (line 52):
Code:
        $TMPL['user_cp_links'] .= '<li><a href="'.$CONF['list_url'].'/index.php?a=user_cpl&amp;b=banner&amp;mode=3">'.$LNG['upload_premium_banner'].'</a></li>';

panzerdude

ahh right, this one is hard coded into the PHP file (premium used to be a plugin)

open sources/user_cpl.php

remove this line (line 52):
Code:
        $TMPL['user_cp_links'] .= '<li><a href="'.$CONF['list_url'].'/index.php?a=user_cpl&amp;b=banner&amp;mode=3">'.$LNG['upload_premium_banner'].'</a></li>';

Fantastic, that did the trick. Thank you:)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Here is another trick to hide it, using jquery. Then you keep the plugin hook for links bu still have the link removed and dont need to update the core on each upgrade
In wrapper.html find
Code:
$(function() {
On a new line below add this
Code:
$('#user_cp_main_menu li').eq(6).hide();
This is telling jquery to hide the 7th li item from that menu ( index starting from 0 )

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
We should probably move that menu item into the userCp menu template for the next version.

Cool jquery line though :)