Where to Start?

Dollpage

I just purchased and installed Visiolist and now I could use a tip on where to find information on editing the layout and getting an idea of how the features work.

For instance, the Premium Membership... what does it do? I can see wheree and how to set it up, but what do people who sign up for it get for their money?

Is there any users manual besides http://visiolist.com/community/#visiolist-instruction-manual.17? This tells you how to log in as admin and almost nothing else.

I know 99% of this is probably intuitive and will come with time, but I could sure use a starting point :)

Thanks!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
the documentation is in the works, I've been spending any available time writing code but will be working on the docs in the next couple weeks.

Premium membership gives the user a different style listing on the topsite, with some plugins (carousel for example) you might also rotate their screenshots/links at the top of the home page, you might also place their screenshot and info in the sidebar (see the demo list).

Altering the layout is done by editing the HTML templates in skins/parabola directory. Wrapper.html contains basically the header and footer, table_top_row, table_row etc are the templates for the rankings, and stats.html is the template for the stats page. At this stage I wouldn't go too crazy altering the skin as there are some changes coming before the final release in a couple weeks.

Dollpage

You have my sincerest sympathies. Writing instructions seems to be one of the toughest, most time-consuming, thankless jobs in programming :eek:

Thanks for the info and the advice! I appreciate the quick response and look forward to seeing the final version!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You have my sincerest sympathies. Writing instructions seems to be one of the toughest, most time-consuming, thankless jobs in programming :eek:
you got that right :) worst part is even the finest instructions are usually totally ignored :)

Dollpage

I'm a bit later than I hoped to be getting into this, so now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and install and use Visiolist 0.1 or wait for the next release, as long as I'm not in too much of a hurry. :)

Thanks!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Next release will be uploaded this evening (about 6 hours from now), that might be the best place to start