Implemented Website URL / Add Website

Is there any reason that there's an Add Website option in the Control Panel?

Surely, one website per user is enough.

In fact, I'd like to see a control in place that checks websites already listed so that people don't add the same website twice.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Surely, one website per user is enough.
There is a reason.
- multiple site management wihthin 1 account. Not everyone only have 1 website and he may wish to join your site with all his sites. Updating all these throught 1 account is useful.
The look in control panel is self-explanatory if you ask me.
Why would you not want your users to add more then 1 site? Thats damaging your site.

In fact, I'd like to see a control in place that checks websites already listed so that people don't add the same website twice
Such a feature is allready in the core and people should not be able to submit the same website twice.
Where do you experience this issue?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, multiple websites per user has been a very common feature request in past years, and is a very useful feature for most list owners.

Duplicate URL checking was introduced several versions ago (0.4 or so I think). Not sure how they got through with the same URL on your list, but I'll make a note to test this function further as time allows.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh Michel by any chance you still know the exact url? was it site.com and site.com/ ?? The slash at the end might explain it

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
as of today, I have updated the query in 0.7 to use a trimmed URL to avoid the trailing / issue.