Vote viewer

Daegaladh

It would be very useful to add in the admin manager the ability to view all the votes of each user, ip, time, (and also the ability to sort them by ip or time, search by ip or range, and links to regional whois), so we could easily search for fake votes, proxys, etc...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
As good as impossible unless you want to store 100 thousands+ entries in another table, since logs are cleared daily to allow voting next day again.
It would be indeed useful, but i fear that it wont happen. The table for the votes would simply get way to huge in a short period of time ( not to talk about a list with 500+ members, aiai. )

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Not to sure, this needs to be thought of very deeply. Even a 7 day range can be problematic on a big list.

It is possible, without a doubt and not even hard to integrate. Ill discuss this a bit with Mark this week on how to best handle the huge table it would produce.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Its a nice feature, and would improve the admin for sure. Using it as a plugin doesnt change the fact with the huge database. Give us a few days to discuss this please

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Just for everyone information. This will be handled via a plugin and we start working on it after 0.9 comes out ( dont ask, no exact date yet ;) )
Then everyone can determine for themself how long they want to store the votes, properbly with a simple clear log button or so, we will see how it goes.

cajkan

lol yeah think about 10k votes daily per 1 user

and think about 500+ active members - imposible to track

w/e

My old script stored all vote data. It was useful for finding false votes. Suddenly, a user gets a number of votes within a time period. You could tell the where getting a new IP address and voting multiple times.
I could turn off proxy server votes too.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Just to follow up, if you want to disable proxy voting add this to your .htaccess file and it should block most proxies without the usual slow lookups, checking of open port 80 (which produces many false positives), or paid API keys.

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:VIA}                 !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:FORWARDED}           !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:USERAGENT_VIA}       !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:X_FORWARDED_FOR}     !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:PROXY_CONNECTION}    !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:XPROXY_CONNECTION}   !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_PC_REMOTE_ADDR} !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_CLIENT_IP}      !^$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F]

leonor

License Active
Realy Nice! And how i can block traffic from Websites that i dont like(Traffic exchange Sites) because off google adsense ?