VisioList Beta 1

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VisioList Beta 1 will be posted here later today. There are a few known issues I am working to resolve:

1) language abstraction - most of the changes do not make use of the multi language variables. I was hoping to have a more elegant user interface for handling the languages before launching but it looks like that will need to wait. Instead we will keep the existing method and begin work on a nicer solution for the next major release. In the mean time all current text needs to be moved into language variables in english.php (other languages to be translated later)

2) Internet Explorer javascript stupidity. File upload on the plugins page, and "out" links on the stats page.

3) Plugins manager - DB installer (check if installer has already been run), dependencies (php,other plugins etc)

4) The main menu should start in the "menu manager" but this is complicated by both language variables, and clean_urls option.

5) Parabola Style completion.

6) screenshot update request via userCP

be back in a few hours with a download and hopefully some solutions for the issues above.

If you noticed any bugs I missed, now is the time to let me know.

Beta 1 posted below, next release expected May 5

Attachments

Karl

just to confirm we are only overwriting the files or do we need to run the update as well?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I would say its pretty close now, my only real concern is the new button.php file. I haven't had a single bug report for that so either its rock solid, or it hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. That said, one could probably put the beta live, just be sure to have a backup of your ATS site incase you find something catastrophic. The nice thing with VisioList is its coming from an extremely well tested and developed background with Aardvark so our "beta" is actually quite well tested in most areas.

Boardhopper

Great thanks. I'll probably go live at Beta 2. At that point I'm sure I'll have some bug reports for you. All of my testing has gone pretty good. With that said,when do you think we will see beta 2?