VisioList 0.1

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VisioList 0.1 including:

- upgrader from Aardvark Topsites PHP
- banner upload from admincp
- banner importer which copies member banners from remote server to local (for aardvark topsite upgraded topsites)

for those upgrading form past version or aardvark topsites, please ensure you have a full backup of files and database before beginning.

Next release expected August 15 or sooner, please report any bugs.

Attachments

Karl

Hi just to confirm to upgrade existing visiolist sites do we just overwrite the existing files or do we need to run the installer as well?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Should be able to just overwrite the files without running the installer if using beta or newer

Kelly Ling

OK - I tried upgrading one of my existing Aardvark Top Sites and it worked, but didn't work. Yes, the new version of Visiolist was installed, but none of the data was imported. When it set up the database, there is no importer for data. Any ideas?

Here's the site I was trying to upgrade: http://www.homeschoolgold.net

Thanks!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kelly, the "sites" table should only have some fields added, none of the data should be lost. Would you mind if I do the upgrade for you? I have upgraded a few Aardvark lists so far without issue so I am at a loss why your members would disappear. If you would like me to do this, email your tospite password and Cpanel login info to mark@osempire.com

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Looks to me as some of visiolist isnt yet fully translated into frensh and most likely other languages ( stuff / links which werent in the original aardvark ). We will fix that soon. Mark is away over the weekend i think.

If you switch to english language, the text is there yes?

Ill see if i have access to the core files, if yes ill update it, else please wait until next week.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a temporary fix until we fix the language issues.

If you have a look for example in the file plugins/core/user_cp_global_start.php
you see some language codes which are there to display the text in the meenu, like this for example
PHP:
$LNG['buy_memebership_menu']
The issue we have is that this tag and others are only defined in languages/english.php, but no other language, at least not french

Ok to follow this example go into languages/english.php and find at the bottom "// Premium Members"
After that is a hole bunch of defenitions, copy them all
but dont copy the
PHP:
?>
at the very end of the file
and paste em into french.php and translate if you can, else leave as english even there. Now when reuploading youu should see the new text.

There should be even more tags missing in french, so you could compare the 2 files to see what is missing. ( if your site is allready in production state ), else you need to be patient a little :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, the only language abstraction available now is English, VL 0.1 will load english first, then load whatever language you have set in the admin panel but I will need to find people to help translate into French and other main languages in the next week or so.

B

Blink70v

Hello,

Here is a first French translation. But it should be improved. I have not translated the line google friendly.

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
thanks mate, I will add this to the release tomorrow :) it is a good start!

Anna

Just curious: Which plugins are currently working for this version of Visiolist? I was all over the AllStas plugin just to be told down by Basti that that was next version reality ^^

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
All Plugin worked for that version, that is if you downloaded them before i posted the overstall stats. All the plugins have been updated to work with 0.2 ( sorry for the delay ), due to the change in the way plugins work

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well planned was last weekend, but we did to much for this update, fixed most of the reported bugs, added new stuff, changed how something works. Thats leaves open space for new bugs and these gets a fix now instead once its released. Thats why we have a big delay in the release this time.

Since i live in a different timezone than mark, which makes communicating very hard sometimes i cant tell exactly how far he has come. But i do hope it release within the next few days