Twitter Vote Integration

Adam

One of the most important upgrades I would like to see is to integrate Twitter voting into the Top Sites list.

The same kind of voting that http://shortyawards.com/ uses to accept votes. Basically, you'd have to connect Twitter usernames with the profiles in the database, and develop through the Twitter API to count tweets and verify that they aren't duplicates. Any Tweet sent out that says "I vote for (Username of Site owner @ mention) on (Your sites) Top List! (address of top list) (mention of your sites Twitter profile) gives a vote to the site.

I'm sure you guys can see the benefit of this plugin, but there are a lot of things I've considered about developing it. Besides needing to equate a Twitter username with the Profile, there are many challenges to integrating the Twitter API with a script that is so new.

I myself would be willing to pay for such a plugin if it worked well. It would add a TON of value to my specific site.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Adam, thanks for the suggestion. This is possible and would make a nice addition to the twitter plugin I think. Let me think on this for a while as I had an idea to extend the twitter plugin in a sort of similar direction that needs to be thought out a bit more

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
Any update on that? Twitter/facebook vote would be so beneficial.