Screenshots timeout

longshot

Hi guys,

hope you're all well and keeping safe!

Just a quick question, I'm trying to generate a screenshot for a new member to my top list. The screenshot generation screen is just white and loads and loads and loads until you get:

"Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'."
Any suggestions?

This has not happened before, and all screenshots usually generate fine. I have double checked the new user's link and all appears absolutely fine. Is it something I'm doing wrong? (or even my internet connection!?)

Thanks in advance.

Longshot

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
can you post or PM me the URL in question? I can run a test.

Its possible your server cannot resolve their domain, blocked by their firewall, or they may have DNS issues.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
looks like the filename from the domain name contained a word "global" that appears to trigger some security protection. Screenshot was rendered but could not be transferred to the destination server.

cajkan

@Mark I was wondering if its possible to make an update for screenshots like cron, to check users which don't have screenshots generated to be able to auto generate.

Example if I have in admin panel 50 screenshots in queue, but if internet goes down or something happens the rest of the screenshots are gone.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
@Mark I was wondering if its possible to make an update for screenshots like cron, to check users which don't have screenshots generated to be able to auto generate.

Example if I have in admin panel 50 screenshots in queue, but if internet goes down or something happens the rest of the screenshots are gone.
I’ll give some thought to this, 1.8 will have a few minor tweaks to the screenshot function, i shroud be able to improve this.

autosurf

Hi, in the file screenshots.php , we have :
//ALL URLS
if($FORM['url'] == 'all') {
$domain_string = '';
$result = $DB->query("SELECT url FROM {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites WHERE active = 1 ORDER BY join_date DESC", __FILE__, __LINE__);
while($domain = $DB->fetch_array($result)){
$domain['url'] = trim($domain['url'], '/');
$domain_string .= $domain['url'].', ';
}
and i see join_date for table sites :/
normally this column has been moved to the stats table ^^
PS : I have not tested, I am updating to version 1.7 and I am scanning my files

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, in the file screenshots.php , we have :

and i see join_date for table sites :/
normally this column has been moved to the stats table ^^
PS : I have not tested, I am updating to version 1.7 and I am scanning my files
Good catch, fixed in 1.8

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
weather mark applied the same fix or not, you can change that line to this in order to have a fix now.
PHP:
    $result = $DB->query("SELECT sites.url FROM {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites sites INNER JOIN {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_stats stats ON stats.username = sites.username WHERE sites.active = 1 ORDER BY stats.join_date DESC", __FILE__, __LINE__);