Paypal prob??

gsharpe1964

Hi, Just been trying to find out where the paypal token is??

this is what i have in my paypal profile...

can't seem to find the paypal token anywhere???

and this is the selling pref...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, yea that instructons are still from the old paypal layout. The option is at my selling preferences -> website preferences.
We will update the text

Anna

Do I have to have an upgraded paypal accountedge for this Am looking at my normal Swedish account under Profile and cant find anything similar...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
No, no upgraded account is needed. As far as i know. See the last screenshot above. On the selling preference tab, the first segment, the fith link. There you find it.

Who knows how token is called in your language. Might be worth a shot to set english language to sort this out

Anna

OK, found the solution in my case and got a lesson in that not all similar companies are similar! I had to upgrade from private to premier to get the info I needed. This will meen that PP will now take a % of every payment. The swedish company I had used before - there you had no choice. You had to pay a % from s tart. I just assumed it was the same with PP.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Thats odd, i used paypal for this from the moment i got paypal. At that time iam sure i was not premier. And iam still not, although got no payment limit.

You can test payment using the paypal sandbox ( google it )
There you setup a test user and can fill that user with virtual money and test your payment form

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
After you that on, save the settings on paypal and return to the same page. They mightt have renamed token to something else. Its some random big string of numbers and characters

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Basti. It's no longer an option it seems. :/ The only Security key offered now is one PayPal sells for $30.
No sir, the token is still available and free. I login to paypal, click profile, website payment preferences and there is my token

Oddly, it's not available for us. PDT and Auto Return turns itself off automatically, but sends us an email saying it's enabled. :/ Sounds like a PayPal interface bug then.

Will it still work without the token?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I found this page that at the bottom they give step by step how to get the token.

https://cms.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/?...t_ID=developer/howto_html_paymentdatatransfer

Activating PDT

To use PDT, you must activate PDT and Auto Return in your PayPal account profile. You must also acquire a PDT identity token, which is used in all PDT communication you send to PayPal.
Follow these steps to configure your account for PDT:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Profile subtab.
  3. Click Website Payment Preferences in the Seller Preferences column.
  4. Under Auto Return for Website Payments, click the On radio button.
  5. For the Return URL, enter the URL on your site that will receive the transaction ID posted by PayPal after a customer payment.
  6. Under Payment Data Transfer, click the On radio button.
  7. Click Save.
  8. Click Website Payment Preferences in the Seller Preferences column.
  9. Scroll down to the Payment Data Transfer section of the page to view your PDT identity token.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Just had a look again to maake 100% sure, on my paypal it is indeed right under the radio buttons from "Payment Data Tranfer (optional)"
Really seems to be a bug on your account

EDIT: on second thought read anna´s post #6

Would you know if it still would work without the token? I have no way of testing right now but without the token it takes you to a paypal payment page alright.