Music Toplist

larsheldens

Hello, I made this website in a few days, let me know if you got some tips for me. I won't tell you anything about the site, because I want to check if everything is clear if you visit the site for the first time without knowing how it is working.

http://bit.ly/1il9pwS

top50servers

I like the fact you used visiolist as a chart emulator for music.

Very interesting, looks good too. Maybe work on your text layout? Could be more pleasing to the eyes.

cajkan

Hello Larsheldens,

Getting feedback from users/visitors will improve your site a lot.
  1. Very unique VL concept
  2. I would recommend you to change the background color for the element styles ( my favorites - #169fe6 / #378ac4 )
  3. BIG Call-to-Action button above the search box ( green color maybe )
  4. For the Artist / For the EDM Listeners - you can add code {isfront}{/isfront}, instead of table you can add maybe list style, or style the table better ( people love check boxes )
  5. Little SEO can be useful
  6. Track Details page can be improved a lot
  7. New tracks (sidebar) maybe you can add background and 1px border some gray color (#ccc, #ddd, #666)
  8. Use footer, add some useful features
  9. You dont have to use gateway page for users to vote, it will improve the site i think ( simple button click is better for this kind of niche )
  10. You can use tooltips for the mini icons, so people can understand better " whats going on "
  11. Dont forget to style your site with: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

Good luck

larsheldens

1. Thanks!
2. What backgroundcolor? The background of the tables, I don't get what you mean?
3. Thanks, I changed it, good advise :)
4. {isfront} is not working?
5. I'll look at that
6. How can I improve the page, I am stuck with that.
7. I added the border, good idea, looks better.
8. Mwahh.. I am not going to use the footer for important things.
9. I was thinking about that too, but it is dangerous because of spammers.
10. Thanks for the advice.
11. Nice icons!

If you got more tips for me, please tell them :)