Manage Members in Admin

Boardhopper

When ever you have a large amount of members, the screen takes a long time to load. Even though you are displaying 10 or so at a time, the screen loads all the members. Anyway to reduce this for large topsites?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
sure, I'll look into some options for this today and see what I come up with

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Can you dome a favor? if possible, try disabling javascript in your browser and then opening the manage members page and see if the page renders significantly faster.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
alright open skins/admin/wrapper.html and find:

HTML:
            $('#man').dataTable( {
                "sPaginationType": "full_numbers"
            } );
replace with

HTML:
            $('#man').dataTable( {
                "sPaginationType": "full_numbers",
        "bLengthChange": false,
        "bFilter": true,
        "bSort": false,
        "bInfo": false
            } );
lets see if that makes enough of a difference, if not I'll work in a server side AJAX solution..

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
alright I'll work on the server side solution, might post an alternative file without any JS in the mean time.

How many members on your list? I have tested up to 600 members and its still zippy but I guess this will depend on your local PC power and browser resources available.

Boardhopper

Hmm, it does not seem to help speed up loading time, it takes about 30 seconds to load the 728 members. This is not a big deal for me, so no hurry for you to try and solve this.

I'm going live with the site tonight, so I'm sure my members will report back to me any bug they might find on the front end. Thanks Mark for your hard work, it really is appreciated.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm this method should be able to handle millions of members, any chance I could get admin access with FTP to take a look? if so, email it to mark@osempire.com

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
got it thanks, I made a tweak to sources/members.php and it should be zippy for you now. Let me know how it goes.