[GA] Tracking Goals for your site

cajkan

Hello VL community,

Some of you might know about Google Analytics they have a feature to track specific links.

You can find this feature : Conversions -> Goals.
From here we can set our goals:
  • How many members registered
  • How many members visited buy premium page
  • How many members buyed premium membership
  • How many members visited buy advertisement page
  • How many members buyed advertisement
  • etc...
There is a small problem with VL, i want to track how many members visited buy premium page.

And url goes like this:
yoursite.com/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=user_premium

And users who have registered and navigated into this links they are redirected into their username:
yoursite.com/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=user_premium&site=USERNAME

Any ideas how to track this stuff ?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
You dont need any extra javascript or so? never used analytics myself, so no clue.
Cant you define your goal with wild cards maybe? yoursite.com/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=user_premium&site=*

cajkan

Thanks Leonor but i think this is not the same stuff. To track the new users is way to different.

I want to track how many daily visits i have into my buy premium or buy advertise page, so i can optimize more.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I just looked into the feature. When you add your goal, at goal details, you have 3 option
1) url equals
2) url starts with
3) regular expression

using option 2 should be good for you yoursite.com/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=user_premium&site=
That is like the wildcard i mean, it will track urls starting with this string, i think.

Last edited:

cajkan

Basti ive tried your stuff, and lets see tommorow whats going on. But i think that will not work propertly.