Fetured members etc

Anna

OK, thought I would try to take my list to the next level (whereever that is) so I started to have a look at some of the more advanced features. Ofc, I ended up with more questions than answers! ;-)

1) Featured members - If I want it placed between top-banner and the top-menu, where to I paste {$featured_member} then? If I want it to show a banner as well (now it does not in the sidebar) how do I work with that?
2) Ads - Is it possible to split the adds by category? So for example one add is shown only under one specific category and one add maybe shown on the front page only etc. I can see myself charging more of an ad on the frontpage than an ad under some of the sub-categories. And if I choose to show the ads between several websites - is there any way to make those ads different? As it is today it looks like they are the same, right?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
1) have a look in table_top_row.html. The banner code from there also works in that file
Where exactly? replacing the Visiolist banner ad at the top? Then you can simply replace that img with the featured member tag.
Up there i would only place a banner, no description. that would destroy the layout and wouldnt look good
Either way: after that edit featured_member.html to fit your needs.
and depending on what you do you may end up editing screen.css also. if thats needed edit the height there
Code:
#header {
    margin: 0 auto;
    height: 100px;
    width: 950px;
    background: transparent url(img/hline-half.png) top right no-repeat;
}
2) as of now, that is not possible. But this stuff will most likely be handled by ad plugin releasing with 0.5, or be featured in a later release of that plugin

3) you properbly want to keep the edits to a minimum. As mark works on the admin template editor which make this stuff easier when updating VL, so you dont need to reapply all the changes

Anna

OK, I transformed and mulled over the idea and realised that showing Featured Members has a very good place at the sidebar. Now I just want to add a screenshot to that as well to make it extra visible (As well as visible for those who maybe have not yet uploaded a banner). Is it possible? Whats the code for that? We have come as far as getting a screenshot - but it is the same over and over again....^^

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Anna, will include screenshots with featured member for the 0.5 release which I will post tomorrow.