FATAL ERROR on install line 27

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
Finally starting to have a go at an install now but first issue was this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /tbfmfactor/voting/install/index.php on line 27

Any ideas?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Your host will do this for you, should only take them a couple minutes :)

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
I have unmanaged vps with godaddy (tried to get managed but messed up the order and tied in to the deal now)

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
No, they won't help. They said its in the Easy Apache but I cannot see it there. No idea really on that one lol

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
ouch and goddady is no fun to deal with in any capacity when it comes to hosting.

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
Yes I saw this and I could well be interested as long as you can help move everything for me as I am still quite a novice. I run a radio station and made a few websites for bands so its going to be all about how much downtime I have moving to you. I will be considering it for sure though.

Just have to work all this out first!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
if you have Cpanel/WHM we can do near zero downtime migration, only the time it takes for the 2 servers to exchange data which usually goes pretty quick.

cajkan

I had Godaddy too, but they dont have any support, just copy / pasted messages.

My website was working, few hours later error 500 and they said " Probably its your script problem"

Ive moved to other host, now everything works nice and smooth.

donald22

If you have got to easyapache update in cpanel you are nearly there, you have to choose the exhaustive list of options, scroll down till you see mb_string, tick the box then rebuild apache,

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
easy apache uses YUM behind the easy apache interface to install modules :)

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
I did nothing

*I am Mr useless!*

I'm trusting Marks hosting to be better than Go Daddy (can't be any worse really lol).

cajkan

Its not your fault bro, its godaddy.

Dont try anything with them, i had the same problem. Lost 1 week for nothing and they didnt want to refund lol :D
They said, we will give you coins so you can spend them later on our services

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
haha yeah they haven't been good for me! Mark already got my VPS set up. Hes one hell of a fast worker. I am so glad I found this place now and I really can't wait to start on my list project.