Editing votes of cheaters?

gamezone

License Active
Where can I modify the In/Out statistics in the database? I have a cheater on my site using a website called "Swift Voter" - I would like to lower his in count so legitimate users are not hindered by his cheating.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
edit the statistics in the "vl_stats" table.

lets also look at how we can block swift voter from working at all with VisioList. That website is offline at the moment but if anyone has details about the service feel free to chime in.

cajkan

You can always contact the owner of the website. Tell him that its against the rules, and if he continue doing that, he will be banned for a good reason. Im sure he will understand, the importance of your message.

If you lower his numbers/votes he will do that again, and lots of other members will complain about it.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plain old delete and bann url and be over it if you ask me. If he use that software its for sure he is no one time cheater. ( not disagreeing with mark here, just stating )

legendz

AcemanWolf
I agree with you Basti but I think Mark has a better solution, is to fix that problem. Everybody that has VisioList are all affected by that software.

E-mailing that person won't do any good. Some members email are not even real.

gamezone

License Active
Hey guys, I'm still having trouble with the swift voter service. (http://swiftvoter.com/) More and more people appear to be using this service, I've even noticed it on my other top site as well now, it seems more and more people are using this service to pad their votes :(

cajkan

If you notice cheats, fake votes etc.. , first contact owner - tell him that its not fair against other people.
Tell him that you have rules on your website, and all users must follow them, if they still continue just ban him.

Better lose one member, or you gonna loose all website authority.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If you have any details how we can identify these cheaters, Post specifics please. Think IP addresses, patterns in voting, how does that service work etc.

gamezone

License Active
If you have any details how we can identify these cheaters, Post specifics please. Think IP addresses, patterns in voting, how does that service work etc.

Well, the only way that I was able to find out they were coming from swift voter was one of my top sites servers has only 15 players average online. I noticed their votes had gone up dramatically over the last few weeks so I kept a closer eye on their incoming vote IPs. It appears that the same 50 IP addresses are being re-used over and over, I did a quick IP lookup and they are seperately purchased IP's for a website called... you guessed it! Swift voter! So I banned/blocked these IP's and then this week a new batch of proxy IP's came through (another 50 votes per day) I did a quick ip lookup again and sure enough same site..

they must have a ton of proxies.. So I'm not really sure how to stop this from happening nor do I really have any kind of pattern or IP address grouping that I can give you. :(

EDIT: i also went on and made an account on their site, I noticed they have TONS of websites listed for their voting server, including mine and even Cajkan's.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
can you provide me with a sample of a few of their IP's? I may be able to create a service to block this.

gamezone

License Active
can you provide me with a sample of a few of their IP's? I may be able to create a service to block this.

I will put together a list of 25-50 IP addresses that I know for sure are being used by their service. It may take me a little while to get it together for you.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
cool, even just a few to get started is fine. If we can figure out a way to collect their IP's dynamically using honeypot from all our lists we can build an API to block them. Cheaters can only win for so long :)