Edit button text

falkipictures

License Active
Where can I change the button's text to "speichern" (save) ? Just can't find it... Screenshot from user panel.

Thanks

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-02 um 16.07.58.png

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
admin -> content -> manage languages

search for that phrase and edit as needed.

falkipictures

License Active
Thank you Mark, but there I can just edit the header, and editing it changes the header and the button as well.

But your hint was good! With some trial and error I found out I had to replace {$lng->edit_header} with {$lng->a_custom_menu_save} in the edit_form :)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
But your hint was good! With some trial and error I found out I had to replace {$lng->edit_header} with {$lng->a_custom_menu_save} in the edit_form :)
In html you can pretty much define your own language tags and then add those phrase name and definition via admin -> manage language -> add phrase for a specific language.
Its also a good idea to add it to the default english as well and not just german, in case you ever switch from german to english as list language, though thats unlikely, but you never know what might come ( a frontend select language plugin i've seen quite a few times )

What you use right now, is a tag from the admin side of the menu manager ( which might be removed soon, cause its not very customizable on the frontend ), so i would advise creating your own tag

admin -> manage language -> add phrase
1) select english
2) in phrase name write g_falk_save
- we use prefixes usually ( not always ) to group phrases together in the generated language files.
- global ( g_ ), admin ( a_ ) etc. So its a good idea to prefix it with something not generated by us in case it gets deleted ( like custom menu language stuff ). Or add in another prefix like i just did with g_falk_save.
- This way its gets grouped together with the rest of the global phrases and is still unique to yourself due the _falk second prefix
- You get the idea :)
3) in Definition write "Save"
4) Add phrase
5) repeat for german, write same phrase name, and defintion the translated "Speichern"
6) In edit_form.html change the tag to {$lng->g_falk_save}

As a side note, german is heavily outdated and needs an update by me :oops:

Last edited: