Change settings not saving on fresh install.

Karl

The change settings is not saving in a fresh install of 2.4 it just goes to a blank page.

no errors showing though.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you can enable debug mod in index.php to reveal any errors:

change $CONF['debug'] = 0; to $CONF['debug'] = 1;

but off the top of my head I didnt mention the new need to ensure button_config.php is write-able so that could very well be the problem

Karl

okay have changed the permissions on the button_config.php as well as enable the debug mode I still get a blank page but no errors displayed. What is the next step to take?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
must be a plugin that came with 2.4 that has not been installed through the plugins panel. You could try uninstalling and re-installing the plugins or wait for the 2.5 release which I expect to have up in about 1 hour.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
a note to anyone else who might experience this, the reason is I included the "clean urls" plugin with the 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 downloads. The problem is the "installer" for this plugin was never run so when you try and save changes it looks for a field that does not exists and throws an error.

The solution: delete the clean urls plugin from your admin panel. re-installing this module will make the change to the database and your settings will save as expected.

Karl

Hi there it seems the problem is still there I have even deleted the rest of the plugins some of them do not delete when done

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
some of them do not delete when done
this probably has to do with the way your host is handling the ownership of files uploaded via PHP. When you look at your files via FTP you will see owner/group information they should all be the same regardless if they were uploaded via PHP or FTP. Usually this means using suPHP or FastCGI.

Normally the VisioList installer will detect this and warn you before the upgade or install continues.

Karl

As I still have a problem with the site I have zipped the message so you can get the rest of the message about access to the acp.

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
the problem is as I outlined above, plugins that came with alpha release need to be re-installed. I can delete them and reinstall them if you want, that is the only solution.

Karl

I apologize for all the hassles I assumed that if the plugins were all deleted the script would not require them and would therefore work so I had not reinstalled the problem plugin. Now that I have done so this has solved the problem as you said it would.