ad_break & ad_break_top

clixcity

License Active
ok... SO

I went and signed up for Google AdSense and they gave me a code to put in my site. I went to /public_html/skins/default and added the code to both files. I also added the code to /public_html/skins/default/child in both files. I'm using the bootstrap 4 theme... ads aren't showing up.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
ok... SO

I went and signed up for Google AdSense and they gave me a code to put in my site. I went to /public_html/skins/default and added the code to both files. I also added the code to /public_html/skins/default/child in both files. I'm using the bootstrap 4 theme... ads aren't showing up.

What am I doing wrong?
Google Ads usually take a little while before they start showing actual ads.

Make sure you have the adbreaks set in admin - Settings - Rankings

Show ads after these ranks (separate with commas)
2,4,5 etc.

that will show ads after Rank 2, then after 4 etc.

clixcity

License Active
They had a button to click and it said the code was not found. Also, I looked at pagesource and couldn't find it either so I'm confused.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I think you only pasted part of the code. You seem to be missing the part that tells Google what ad channel you are trying to display. Its not just 1 short line, should be a couple.

clixcity

License Active
I have ads set to show at 3,25,50,75 and onward... it should at least show after the third site when I view page source but I just don't see it.

What line do you see it on?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
No I see it in the template not in your page source

What have you got in admin - settings - ranking

"Number of members to use the _top skin for"

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Also I noticed your screenshot says your site is under review, further, you should be adding that code to the <head> section of wrapper.html that is not an ad block.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
https://visiolist.com/docs/ranking-settings this may help you understand the settings a bit further.

basically the _top skin you have set to 3 now will show ad_break_top between 1,2 and 3.
For all the lower ranks the ad_break template will be shown between those rows.
I notice you put "03", I'm not sure but I dont think that will work. It should just be 3.

clixcity

License Active
I changed it to just say 3.

But are my other numbers correct? 25,50,75 etc... there will be ads after those ranks?

Am I correct in assuming that ad_break_top will not show since I have the top skin set to only show 3 top people? but it will show ad_break after the rank of 3 and onward?

Am I starting to get it yet?

clixcity

License Active
Wow... thank you again for your help. I don't know how you have the patience for people like me.

Thank you.