Created Sort server Listing by date-newest

xryskom

I want to have additional sorting links or just an options:
1. Display premium only ( sorted by unique in ofc )
2. Display new ( sorted by date added , from new to old )
3. Display all (premium and normal doesnt matter) ( sorted by unique in )

how do i do that ?

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
this more of a feature request than a general help question. moving to plugin reqeusts

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go

1) Upload the attached plugin RankingMethods
2) Unzip rankings.zip and upload to /sources/ folder
This is needed as rankings.php needed to be modified slightly
Change will be applied to VL 1.4
2) Place your new links into wrapper.html
In case of parabola theme
Code:
                <li><a href="{$list_url}/{$url_helper_method}newest{$cat_sort}{$url_tail}">Newest {$method_newest}</a></li>
                <li><a href="{$list_url}/{$url_helper_method}premium{$cat_sort}{$url_tail}">Premium only {$method_premium}</a></li>
Not included the "All" since that would be your default view already e.g site.com

Attachments

Last edited:

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Want to gather some feedback since this plugin will release once we release vl 1.4 this week.

Should we include an admin functionality? Namely, including a new default ranking method? ( extending in, out, pv ).
Only possible with "rank by newest" though, as rank by premium doesnt really fit there, as it needs a secondary ranking selection.

So for now, new default ranking method "newest" ?

leonor

License Active
i dont think its needed, i would just add this to plugin area. For new Sites ranking we also have "lastsites" plugin

farjat

Want to gather some feedback since this plugin will release once we release vl 1.4 this week.

Should we include an admin functionality? Namely, including a new default ranking method? ( extending in, out, pv ).
Only possible with "rank by newest" though, as rank by premium doesnt really fit there, as it needs a secondary ranking selection.

Sorry if im late.
Dunno if it helps as suggestion:
Basicly i am adding an Alexa ranking method. with an alexa parser.

panzerdude

works well, I like it, no problems. Cheers

kapearl

I added this to table_wrapper in a drop down in addition to the sidebar. It's really handy having the drop down at the top of the ranking table to sort those results. Unfortunately, if you're in a category, you lose the cat and it re-sorts w/out the category. I'm assuming it's a similar reason as answered here which there's no solution for.

That is because the individual files from sources folders are called before the main skin file, where those 2 tags reside in. They simply not exist when table_wrapper is called.
Is there another template or way to add this to appear at the top of the ranking table besides table_wrapper.html? It still works great there unless your on a category ranking page.

Last edited:

screentzzz

How can I display the sortby in the wrapper only on the ranking pages?

I have already tried this with a plugin and this:
Code:
if(!isset($FORM['a'])) {

}

screentzzz

How can I display the sortby in the wrapper only on the ranking pages?

I have already tried this with a plugin and this:
Code:
if(!isset($FORM['a'])) {

}

I did it in a very dirty way. With plugins and CSS Visibility. Not the best solution but it works. Just hope there are no browser complications.