VisioList 0.2

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Today we are pleased to release VisioList 0.2 with some major bug fixes, enhancements and cleanup.

Fresh installs can follow the installation instructions in the User Manual

if you are upgrading from VL 0.1, here are the upgrade instructions:

0) TAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR FILES AND DATABASE BEFORE UPGRADING

1) delete all files from your old installation except:

settings_sql.php
button_config.php
the "screens" folder
the "cache" folder
the "banners" folder
the "images" folder

2) upload the files from the 0.2 package taking care NOT to overwrite the files above.

3) Visit YOURSITE/install/update.php to run the updater.

4) VisioList 0.2 brought multi language and skin template support to the plugins, so all plugins need to be downloaded from the members forum and re-installed.

If you are (or plan on) using clean urls, then you must rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess

this update is a little more work than usual do to the high volume of changes, we will in the future be releasing smaller updates, more often. Thanks for you patience, understanding and support.

Becuase this update is quite large, I will perform the upgrade free of charge to any existing customers upon request.

You will need to re-apply your custom skin changes if you overwrite the files as there have been some key changes in some templates and several new templates have been added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

changes:

- Several code changes to enhance or fix things

- Full Language support for the script and plugins: English, German.

- Menu Manager: Code improvements, bug fixes and interaction with clean urls

- Screenshots: Now checks if Plugin is enabled or not so no blank Screenshot is showing. Fixed the issue of requesting screenshots without API Key -> Black Screenshot.

- Upload Banner has been patched for php.ini config issue

- Choose a Ranking method while browsing a category

- Previously in Aardvark and VisioList the Javascript code which handle Hits Out failed under certain circumstances causing inaccurate Hits out statistics. We hope to have this fixed finally.

- Header menu items added to the install

- Search form: Integration with clean urls

- Premium Currency now editable in Admin > Settings

- 2checkout.com integration for premium member added but needs removal option**

- Approve Member: Join date is now date of approval.

- Premium Plugin moved back into VisioList core files.

- Admin Area: Select All checkboxes in several areas now work again.

- search results, stats, and ranking tables design updated

- Removed graphs from stats page. Options will be available via plugins

- If button pageview counting is disabled -> remove ranking method from the left menu, pageview stats from members stats page

- Custom meta description on stats page

- Custom meta description, meta keywords on on each category. To apply Admin -> Skins and
Category -> Edit a Category

Attachments

Anna

Thank you for a solid work and update! Question is - do you want the bugreport now or later?;-)

1. The Swedish translation is half Swedish - half in German! ^^ Only in admin panel though
2. The same error as you helped us with last week remains (But maybe you talked about the release after that?)
3. Some categories do not show their members in them when clicking on them, but some do.

Thats all for now ( I think)...
PS Love the All Stats thingie! DS

Anna

Found one more (sorry...): When you go under Your Controlpanel - Every command is shown twice! Except Buy a premium membership. But all this maybe is something we did wrong in installation?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
1. This has been fixed with a temporary work around. If you switch to a language that has not been fully translated this may happen. A better solution would be complete translations.

2. I have tested that datatable on several sites and its working fine so for now it remains in the bundle until we can resolve what exactley causes the JSON error on your site (swedish characters perhaps). To disable this and go back to the old way, simply open skins/admin/wrapper.html and remove this line:

Code:
    $('#man').dataTable( {
        "bProcessing": true,
        "bServerSide": true,
        "sAjaxSource": "sources/admin/members.php",
        "aoColumns": [
            { "sClass": "center", "bSortable": false },

null,
            null,
            { "sClass": "center" },
            { "sClass": "center" }
        ],
        "aaSorting": [[1, 'asc']]
    } );
3. I believe the problem here is categories with special characters like &. The easiest fix is to not use that character cat=Andligt+&+Medialt, though I wonder, did this work ok before this update?

4. try as I might, I am unable to duplicate this issue.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
all known issues have been fixed and are included in the 0.3 release