[URGENT] Have I been injected?

devonbundy

Are you using a shared web host? If you are, perhaps their mysql may be down. Its not connecting to mysql is all.

top50servers

Ok, I saw sock paniced a little.

I noticed this happens when I connect to the admin panel. Guess I should just wait it out?

top50servers

I asked my host (hostgator) and they came back to me with this :

HostGator said:
HostGator allows a maximum of 25 simultaneous MySQL connections per cPanel on shared servers.
This did happen on a Saturday night, but is it really that likely I am hitting 25 already? I get around 500 votes a day TOPS.

cajkan

Probably someone try to cheat your website.
If you can look into some suspicious users statistics and see daily traffic.

Example: someone got IN/OUT 20, and next day he got 300 or 1300. Just contact him and tell him its against the rules to cheat, if he continue to do that - i suggest you to remove from list ( better 1 user to leave then all users to leave because of the cheats ).

About HostGator - If you didnt know, they dont allow topsites to be hosted, if you get caught your site will be instantly removed. If you dont belive me, create a ticket and ask them.

Even into their dedicated host.

top50servers

I have told support multiple times that I am hosting a toplist, they have even opened ports for me just because of that reason. Maybe they have changed there stance on toplists?

cajkan

Well when i asked they said that they dont allow, and they gived me link from their rules or terms i dont remember exactly.

But maybe they changed their plan :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
25 simultaneous connections is nothing. No doubt button.php would hit that limit quickly considering it makes queries for your members visitors as well.

With your current configuration you have outgrown your hosting account, you can disable pagevew counting to reduce your simultaneous query count. I also have a high performance option I will be releasing that removes the username check query in button.php as well.

cajkan

Currently im running on 10 connections, i had problem only when some users was cheating.

Soon im planning to change better host, so yeah more connection is always better.