Upgrade help needed

Kelly Ling

OK - It's been a while since I upgraded my Visiolist so I wanted to get them all done this weekend. I started with Version .08 and upgraded successfully to Version .09. The next upgrade did not go well. I followed all the instructions for the harder but better upgrade. Most went OK, but I have some errors that I'm not sure how to deal with.

1. When in the admin screens, under "Change Settings", I get the following at the top of the screen:

Notice: Undefined index: new_member_screen in /home/domain/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(217) : eval()'d code on line 277

Notice: Undefined index: new_member_num in /home/domain/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(217) : eval()'d code on line 278

Notice: Undefined index: new_member_screen in /home/domain/public_html/sources/misc/skin.php(351) : eval()'d code on line 24

Notice: Undefined index: new_member_screen in /home/domain/public_html/sources/misc/skin.php(351) : eval()'d code on line 24

I then tried to update something in the settings and I get this error:

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/domain/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(793) : eval()'d code" on line 36

Unknown column 'new_member_screen' in 'field list' in /home/domain/public_html/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Also, the version number does not upgrade from 0.9 to 1.xx.

Any help? I'd sure appreciate it.

Kelly Ling

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Kelly, hope all going well.

That errors coming from the newest member plugin ( not up to date ).
Since that plugin looks quite old on your list, download newest member plugin from here http://visiolist.com/community/resources/ and reupload it.

Normally you would just hit the plugin update check, but since your plugins are so old, they still link to the old plugin urls and not the resource page above.
Please do the same step for your other plugins to ensure all is up to date.

Then in the future you can use the update check again

As for the version, make sure you replaced public_html/index.php also

Last edited:

Kelly Ling

Hey, Basti. Thanks for asking. Life is always in a flux these days. :)

Your solution above helped me get through the errors that I posted. Now I'm working on some other issues and need a bit more help with them.

The site I'm working on is http://homeschoolgold.net

1. I can't seem to get the Clean URLs to work again. Right now, the plugin is installed, but there was an option under settings that needed to be tweaked. It is no longer there. Also, when you click on a link for the individual top sites, I get this error message. Invalid username. Please try again.
  2. On the stats page for each listing, I'm getting two screenshots now. Any ideas?
  3. When I enable the overall stats plugin, I get this error. Fatal error: Class 'stats' not found in /home/hsgold/public_html/sources/details.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1
  4. Having a hard time getting these plugins to work again. Maybe some of them are deprecated? Ads, Exit Page, SEO, Clean URLs, and Overall Stats
Thanks for your help!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I can't seem to get the Clean URLs to work again. Right now, the plugin is installed, but there was an option under settings that needed to be tweaked.
If you updated that plugin also, that is now found under the "general settings" tab

Also, when you click on a link for the individual top sites, I get this error message. Invalid username. Please try again.
As of now, that seems to work, guess you fixed it.

On the stats page for each listing, I'm getting two screenshots now. Any ideas?
Also due the huge update you made. Have a look in the screenshots plugin. If there is a file called "stats_compile_stats.php", delete it. Also delete deprecated file sources/stats.php ( its details.php since a while )

When I enable the overall stats plugin, I get this error. Fatal error: Class 'stats' not found in /home/hsgold/public_html/sources/details.php(179) : eval()'d code on line 1
Similar to above, please open overall stats plugin, delete file called "stats_build_overall_page.php", also deprecated and is named details_build_overall_page.php since a while

All of the plugins still work, its just that your update step was way to huge and things got complicated here and there. If any others do not work, i pretty much need to see either the error in action or at least need it posted here to help

I would suggest to go through each update instructions again. Either you not read them fully or you missed this or that. From the looks you still miss important html changes.
Well at least wrapper.html still looks like its from 0.8 or so